U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM

153 posts, read 423,665 times

Advertisements

Perhaps I should have chose a different adjective, The zoning for schools do not remain the same, just b/c you are in a specific location, two recent examples, Students from S Meck being shuffled to Ardrey Kell, and Weddington Schools being shuffled to Marvin Ridge. I can see how the "constantly" could be misleading, I was just trying to impress upon the inquirer that just b/c the schools are the what they are today, does not guarantee that they will be tomorrow, next year, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 AM

153 posts, read 423,665 times
Perhaps I should have chose a different adjective, The zoning for schools do not remain the same, just b/c you are in a specific location, two recent examples, Students from S Meck being shuffled to Ardrey Kell, and Weddington Schools being shuffled to Marvin Ridge. I can see how the choice of words "constantly" could be misleading, I was just trying to impress upon the inquirer that just b/c the schools are what they are today, does not guarantee that they will be tomorrow, next year, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The school zones DO NOT change constantly. SOME schools in high growth areas have to have their students reshuffled when either new schools open, or the local area of a particular school sees too many people move in to it at once causing extreme overcrowding.

My neighborhood in southeast Charlotte has had the same school assignment (high school) for over 25 years!

Posts like yours only serve to paint a distorted picture for newcomers needing solid info.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Berry View Post
Perhaps I should have chose a different adjective, The zoning for schools do not remain the same, just b/c you are in a specific location, two recent examples, Students from S Meck being shuffled to Ardrey Kell, and Weddington Schools being shuffled to Marvin Ridge. I can see how the "constantly" could be misleading, I was just trying to impress upon the inquirer that just b/c the schools are the what they are today, does not guarantee that they will be tomorrow, next year, etc....
As I said, SOME schools in high growth areas have to have their students reshuffled when new schools open (like kids who were going to S. Meck now being able to go to school closer to home at Ardry Kell - a NEW school.)

The point is, if buyers will buy in established areas with no or little growth around them, their kids will have a 99% chance of NEVER being reassigned. But everyone wants new construction, and new construction means overcrowding in schools and the need for new schools, which means YES some kids will get reassigned. But it is not constant and only happens to a small percentage of students every year.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,547,061 times
Well put, lovesMountains. All three of my children will be attending new schools this year -- because of growth, they are brand new schools that are pretty much splitting out some of the population from the ones they attended before. When I spoke to them about it last year, their only concern was if their friends would be there...they tend to move subdivisions together, so once I told them that most of their friends would be there they couldn't care less...It truly is the price of the growth, and I tend not to complain about it but do my best to make sure it works for my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or