U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,130 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm considering JWU for the fall and I was wondering what local Charlotte people have to say about the school, area and other things.

Is it a safe school? Im just 19 so Ill probably live in the dorms instead of my own apartment for now. Are the dorm locations safe?

How hard is it getting around Charlotte? Im from a small town in SC and ive never really had to navigate interstates and such...are there alot of backroads?

Does anyone have any reviews on the school itself?

Thanks for any info yall can give!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,285,957 times
If you live in the dorms you probably won't have to drive much. Everything you need is in walking distance, including a Harris Teeter, etc. The are around the university is safe, though use common sense and try to avoid west of I-85. Walk in groups late at night, and walk on the well-lit, well-traveled streets instead the back streets, and you will be fine.

If you wind up having to drive, it is not so bad here. There are many interstates but also many surface roads (which during rush hour are faster than the interstates in the city). You can't really call them backroads but they will do the trick. But again, you probably won't need them much unless you get a job outside of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte