Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,439,256 times

Advertisements

The Bobcats have trade their great player Gerald Wallace for essentially pennies today (Joel Przybilla and a 2nd future second rounder). What is Jordan doing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM

189 posts, read 332,534 times
If its any better it was reported incorrectly at first. It's actually two future first rounders. With or without him, Bobcats probably weren't going to make any noise outside of squeaking into the playoffs IMO. At least there is hope that they could get some impact players with those picks and their own.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 PM

8,779 posts, read 10,197,063 times
Stupid move. Trading the franchises most popular player for an injury prone center than averages 2 points a game?

Now there will be no more G-G-G-G Gerald Wallace (wallace wallace wallace) intros.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 PM

777 posts, read 2,559,028 times
They are now saying Two first rounders and two players...not 2nd round pick.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,729,443 times
The up side I see to this is that Gerald Henderson will probably start now. He's been looking really good. The biggest problem I see is that Paul Silas came out and said Gerald Wallace wasn't leaving. That tells you the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 PM

23 posts, read 32,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
The biggest problem I see is that Paul Silas came out and said Gerald Wallace wasn't leaving. That tells you the front office and coaching staff aren't on the same page.
I agree that it is kind of odd, definitely creates a sense of mistrust for the fans... but he may have been 'in' on the trade and told to say that for some reason or another... maybe to increase the price?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM

106 posts, read 262,628 times
Jordan tryna save money, its not good that he sent the franchise player away and i hope that doesnt affect attendance but think about it bobcats werent going to go past the first round with there current roster and there struggling for that 8th spot, bobcats and pacers are like equally the same and unpredictable with winning and losing even though bobcats are my team and imo look better on paper then the record they not as good as they should, somebody had to go, need to prepare for the future, hopefully jordan is not trying to sell the team cause hes the worst GM of all time hes known for destroying franchises, i hope hes lookin to bring in talent despite everybody saying the draft class this year is weak

Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM

416 posts, read 924,551 times
Articles I've read do not say when we start getting the 1st round picks.

I think its a good trade. With the current roster, the Bobcats might make the 8th spot...MIGHT. Organization needs to free up some cap room.

Unload his contract, use the money to pick up a solid free agent to replace him, and use the draft picks wisely and we're in a much better position down the road.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,376,312 times
this draft coming up is one of the weakest in years talentwise, better if draft picks are not 2011.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,439,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
Jordan tryna save money, its not good that he sent the franchise player away and i hope that doesnt affect attendance but think about it bobcats werent going to go past the first round with there current roster and there struggling for that 8th spot, bobcats and pacers are like equally the same and unpredictable with winning and losing even though bobcats are my team and imo look better on paper then the record they not as good as they should, somebody had to go, need to prepare for the future, hopefully jordan is not trying to sell the team cause hes the worst GM of all time hes known for destroying franchises, i hope hes lookin to bring in talent despite everybody saying the draft class this year is weak
It definitely will affect attendence. It is low already as it is. Ticket prices have dropped because they aren't selling. He will actually lose money in the long run. All the big free agents aren't talking Charlotte so how do we plan to get another big name player in here. Pryzbilla gets us nowhere closer. He is injury-prone, old, and has never been better than a 10 minute guy. Based on how bad the team will most likely end up in the coming years, we will get plenty of draft picks. Where has that landed us now? We have drafted terribly. Two good players since the start of the franchise (Felton and Augustin), only one who is still with the team.

It's sad considering last years team was a playoff team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte