Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM

5 posts, read 9,072 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Charlotte from Michigan and have narrowed our search down to a few communities...

Cannon Crossing
Wellington Chase (love the more level yards)
Monteith Park
Highland Creek (Masters Hill, if available)
Wyndam (all 3 areas)
Winding Walk

I think were leaning toward Cabarrus...any comments about these neighborhoods would be helpful.

We do have an 8 & 5 yr old and want an active community...close to "stuff". It would be great to have a bike trail nearby.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgrau View Post
We are relocating to Charlotte from Michigan and have narrowed our search down to a few communities...

Cannon Crossing
Wellington Chase (love the more level yards)
Monteith Park
Highland Creek (Masters Hill, if available)
Wyndam (all 3 areas)
Winding Walk

I think were leaning toward Cabarrus...any comments about these neighborhoods would be helpful.

We do have an 8 & 5 yr old and want an active community...close to "stuff". It would be great to have a bike trail nearby.

Thanks
From what I know, Monteith Park would likely win in the category of "most family oriented with lots to do"

But really, those are all nice neighborhoods with good schools. I don't think you can go wrong in any of them.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:33 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
I think Highland Creek would win if you are looking for family centric. The school is right across the street from the neighborhood you mention. There are 4+ parks and pools. Tennis courts. Side walks. People walking all day and well into the evening. The HOA has events every month. Movies in the part over the summer, holiday parades, chili cook offs, begining and end of summer pool parties, golf course, cookie decorating, summer camps and classes for kids. Just awesome!

Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM

985 posts, read 1,900,869 times
we just moved here from Michigan (not the area you are looking at we picked Union County) which part of Michigan are you coming from?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 9,072 times
We are coming from the Grand Rapids area...how bout' you?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Greetings! I am from South Bend, IN and I lived in Buchanan, MI (near Niles) for a year.I also used to go to Corey Lake in Three Rivers in the summers growing up.

I own a home in Winding Walk and the neighborhood is great. There a ton of kids and the neighborhood is very family friendly. The schools are top notch. The neighborhood even has a social committee and has events for the kids. They also restarted the "live at 5" in the neighborhood park on Fridays. The neighbors all get together and brings snacks and drinks to the park and the kids play and the parents talk.

My inlaws built in Cannon Crossing it's a nice neighborhood, but I wouldn't want to live directly off of Poplar Tent. At around 7-8am and 5pm it's not fun to try to get out of the neighborhood. Though, my inlaws are retired and haven't had any problems with that. Their neighbors are nice and they enjoy the neighborhood.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 AM

985 posts, read 1,900,869 times
Quote:
We came from the southeast Michigan side.

You will love the sunnier days here. I think I have had more sun in my 2 months here than I had in a year in Michigan.

Best wishes to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte