Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Its beautiful for a day. Then you have to deal w slushy salty roads that over time ruins your car. Most people get sick of the snow very quickly. Thats why most move south...the cold dark short days get old very quick.
If I had to deal with winter conditions all year I'd feel the same, but the winter has its place as does the summer. I am now looking forward to 2 hot months as its been nice and cool up here so far this spring. ... Its about the seasons! That's what makes the weather interesting. I enjoy both a hot summer day with a slight breeze as much as a cool winter grey day where the first flakes are about to fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM

194 posts, read 431,029 times
Those pics look horrible....come here you will most likely never see that again. We had a storm like that in 2010 and that is what convinced my hubby & I to finally make the move. It was horrible, didn't melt for weeks!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma67 View Post
Those pics look horrible....come here you will most likely never see that again. We had a storm like that in 2010 and that is what convinced my hubby & I to finally make the move. It was horrible, didn't melt for weeks!
The best thing is you can go up to a place like sugar mtn and enjoy snow like that....whats even better is you can leave it in the mountains...unfortunately up north you are stuck w that mess for weeks.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The best thing is you can go up to a place like sugar mtn and enjoy snow like that....whats even better is you can leave it in the mountains...unfortunately up north you are stuck w that mess for weeks.
Can't wait! And let me tell you Christmas season is NOTHING without cool nights and the threat of snow in the air. I think I missed that most. Holiday season in the south? Bah......

Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,872 times
Seems this spring/summer temps have been closer to normal versus the extreme (spring) heat we've had the past few years...plenty of rain and yards/fairways are in premium condition. It's been really nice weather wise and an exceptional spring!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Seems this spring/summer temps have been closer to normal versus the extreme (spring) heat we've had the past few years...plenty of rain and yards/fairways are in premium condition. It's been really nice weather wise and an exceptional spring!
No doubt ...the whole east coast has experienced below normal weather the last month or two. By now the years I was there the grass was about burned out. I think the biggest difference is the cloud cover which has been in more abundance this year due to the weather pattern we are in.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
It's a world gone mad, jp! Headed to Chicago next week where it is far warmer than it is here!!!!!! They have been having mid to upper 90's to our low 80's!!

and, the humidity up there is pretty thick. Not quite sure how I feel about this!! Have been loving the weather here this year!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
It's a world gone mad, jp! Headed to Chicago next week where it is far warmer than it is here!!!!!! They have been having mid to upper 90's to our low 80's!!

and, the humidity up there is pretty thick. Not quite sure how I feel about this!! Have been loving the weather here this year!
Yep..heading to Chitown next week for work..looks hot.....yuch...oh well.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 16,413 times
Honestly it's only unreasonably hot in Charlotte for the summer months. Usually gets hot enough that people start complaining in late June, and starts to cool down in late September. Pretty much right on par with summer as a season. The other 9 months of the year are perfect in my opinion. Nice mild weather for the rest of the year. So I figure I can deal with the 3 months of heat.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:29 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yep..heading to Chitown next week for work..looks hot.....yuch...oh well.
Found out by the time that I get there on Thursday, it will be cooling off and, by Saturday, (the day of the wedding), the temps will be in the upper 70's. I would be nervous about those low temps, except I know that the humidity will be high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte