U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,075,368 times

Advertisements

This is an old thread, but I have some new information for it. Up at Trade and Tryon, there is a Mexican food "trailer" at lunch time. I've seen it there several times, not sure if they are there all week or just on certain days.

It is pretty tiny and is actually on the sidewalk. They haul it around with a SUV via a trailer hitch. Bigger than a hot dog cart but not as big as a regular food truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,864,631 times
Check out this link for a food truck.

Sals Roadside Eatery in Fort Mill SC

Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM

153 posts, read 164,590 times
I've been to Food Truck Friday at South End. Highly recommend! I also follow the Cupcake Delirium around town like a puppy lol. A lot of times they're in NoDa (take my little guy to Dog Bar) or Plaza Midwood (not far from where I'm renting). I'm looking to try Wingzza and Papi Queso soon and I'll update. I've had Sal's and Tin Kitchen and liked them. Also, my company sponsored an event that Sticks and Cones was at, and it was good as well big food truck fan.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyT5814 View Post
I've been to Food Truck Friday at South End. Highly recommend! I also follow the Cupcake Delirium around town like a puppy lol. A lot of times they're in NoDa (take my little guy to Dog Bar) or Plaza Midwood (not far from where I'm renting). I'm looking to try Wingzza and Papi Queso soon and I'll update. I've had Sal's and Tin Kitchen and liked them. Also, my company sponsored an event that Sticks and Cones was at, and it was good as well big food truck fan.
Wingzza is good, especially the Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I can't abide paying that much for a cupcake so I've never tried Delirium.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM

714 posts, read 2,026,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
This is an old thread, but I have some new information for it. Up at Trade and Tryon, there is a Mexican food "trailer" at lunch time. I've seen it there several times, not sure if they are there all week or just on certain days.

It is pretty tiny and is actually on the sidewalk. They haul it around with a SUV via a trailer hitch. Bigger than a hot dog cart but not as big as a regular food truck.
It's called "Juan Taco". It's a pretty cute food truck/cart, but the Yelp review I read said the food was "meh". I went by and picked up their menu last week (I was out at 11:55 looking for them but they weren't out there, by the time I'd grabbed lunch at Newk's and returned outside, there they were.) The menu looks very basic. Mostly chicken and beef. I was really hoping for pork/carnitas tacos.

Actually, what I wish most is that Vida would set up a taco truck selling their carnitas tacos.

Here's the Yelp page for them: Juan Taco - Fourth Ward - Charlotte, NC

And their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/JuanTacoTruck

Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 AM

153 posts, read 164,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Wingzza is good, especially the Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I can't abide paying that much for a cupcake so I've never tried Delirium.
I follow them on Facebook and everything sounds so good.

For anyone interested: I'm a big fan of the empanadas at Sal's.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM

777 posts, read 2,272,312 times
Auto Burger and Fry Guys make some killer burgers.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
Auto Burger and Fry Guys make some killer burgers.
I like them but they are just too pricey for my blood. 8 bucks for a burger without fries? At least throw in a soda or bag of chips, for goodness' sake.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 PM

247 posts, read 324,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
It's called "Juan Taco". It's a pretty cute food truck/cart, but the Yelp review I read said the food was "meh". I went by and picked up their menu last week (I was out at 11:55 looking for them but they weren't out there, by the time I'd grabbed lunch at Newk's and returned outside, there they were.) The menu looks very basic. Mostly chicken and beef. I was really hoping for pork/carnitas tacos.

Actually, what I wish most is that Vida would set up a taco truck selling their carnitas tacos.

Here's the Yelp page for them: Juan Taco - Fourth Ward - Charlotte, NC

And their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/JuanTacoTruck
The food isn't the best I have ever had - but it is reasonable and their "stand" is awesome. If it's sombrero and moustache don't make you smile, you have bigger issues!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
The food isn't the best I have ever had - but it is reasonable and their "stand" is awesome. If it's sombrero and moustache don't make you smile, you have bigger issues!
I'm down with fish tacos and might head up there tomorrow to check them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte