U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:22 PM

359 posts, read 504,422 times

Advertisements

If you feel as though you came to a complete stop contest the ticket.

You think it is harrassment? You're entitled to your opinion.

Also, all officers have Arbitrator running (camera) in thier vehicles and they automatically cut on when they hit the siren/lights. They are constantly recording and when the siren/lights are hit they get the entire minute before hitting the siren/lights. If an officer hits the lights and then turns off the camera immediately there will be a video clip for 1:01.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,715,463 times
The way I have seen things work in charlotte is the cop is never disputed by the judge. The cop says "He did it" The judge says..'guilty". They dont have to have no camera or speed gun to prove anything,

Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM

103 posts, read 368,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The way I have seen things work in charlotte is the cop is never disputed by the judge. The cop says "He did it" The judge says..'guilty". They dont have to have no camera or speed gun to prove anything,

I agree, I've seen it many times..

Unless you have a lawyer.. Which is going to cost you as well.. but saves the points on your license.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
If you feel as though you came to a complete stop contest the ticket.

You think it is harrassment? You're entitled to your opinion.

Also, all officers have Arbitrator running (camera) in thier vehicles and they automatically cut on when they hit the siren/lights. They are constantly recording and when the siren/lights are hit they get the entire minute before hitting the siren/lights. If an officer hits the lights and then turns off the camera immediately there will be a video clip for 1:01.
And many times the officer doesn't turn on the lights immediately. So usually they don't have the actual incident recorded.. By design? hmmm...

Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,920,515 times
As far as I know, NC is not yet California.

If this is actually the law in California (and not internet legend) I think this is absolutely nuts!!

Quote:
Limit Line Compliance

• A California motorist must come to a complete stop for a minimum of 3 seconds before continuing past a limit line.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:23 PM

359 posts, read 504,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
So how often are you in court where you see this take place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampart2 View Post
And many times the officer doesn't turn on the lights immediately. So usually they don't have the actual incident recorded.. By design? hmmm...
That is incorrect.

See this is what happens when random, anonymous people can sit behind a computer and type whatever they want. Blatant lies and misinformation come out, causing even more dislike & distrust for people such as police officers.

You all are free to say what you want, even if it is extremely inaccurate.

I'm going to assume you are both joking, because no reasonable person would believe what either of you posted.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,715,463 times
Quote:

That is incorrect.

See this is what happens when random, anonymous people can sit behind a computer and type whatever they want. Blatant lies and misinformation come out, causing even more dislike & distrust for people such as police officers.

I'm going to assume you are both joking, because no reasonable person would believe what either of you posted.
Yes I saw this in court and the guy even had a lawyer. Kid was given a ticket for 50 in a 25 and the lawyer pointed out that it was almost impossible for the little car to go from a stop to 50 mph in less than a block but cops said he did and thats the way it went. Judge wouldnt reduce it at all and the Kid had a very good lawyer too and explained how they dont have to have a speed gun or camera...I dont BS my man

Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM

12,582 posts, read 7,530,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
As far as I know, NC is not yet California.

If this is actually the law in California (and not internet legend) I think this is absolutely nuts!!

I can't say if its actually the law or not, but I was taught the 3 second rule when I learned to drive in Missouri. Its really just to give you enough time to look both ways (left and right, not just left) to make sure the road is clear.

If I come up to a stop sign, and know that there is a cop watching me. I always make sure to make a good long stop. I don't want there to be any doubt about making a full and complete stop.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:

That is incorrect.

Sorry top tell you, but it is correct. I've seen it many times, and at least twice when pulled over myself. An officer pulls out behind, and the driver then sees the officer and slows down or whatever. The officer follows him 1/4 mile before turning on the lights.

I was driving behind 3 other cars, we were all moving from one location to a friends house. I was last in line. We were making a left at a lighted intersection and I caught it yellow, so I sped up a little to get through. In my truck I have locking rear differential so sometimes when I make a turn, the outside wheel will squeal a bit. The officer pulled out behind me and followed for about a 1/4 mile before pulling me over. Then writes me a ticket. In court I explained the locking rear differential, the officer said I was fishtailing through the intersection. I had a witness with me, and the officers camera didn't get the incident. His word against ours, his testimony was considered the only real truth. He lied.. And I feel like the delay to turn on the lights was only to assure his testimony would be the only evidence.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen the delay to turn on the lights. And I also hear that it's illegal for some reason to record the interaction with police officers yourself..

Old 04-12-2011, 05:24 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,395,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wronged View Post
Was anyone else ticketed for failing to stop on Thermal Road? Last week the police had a stop sign sting set up. I came to the stop, looked left, actually identified the Chevy Impala as a unmarrked police car, and then proceeded. I was stunned to be pulled over. I told the officer that I had stopped looked right at him and the pulled away from the stop sign. He said in his opinion, I had not stopped long enough. Funny, I came back the same way 15 minutes later and two more people were being ticketed. I think this is a form of harassment to do this, it is not the same a running a stop sign but you still get a$191.00 ticket and 3 points.

Did you come to a complete stop or a rolling stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte