Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 PM

58 posts, read 145,621 times

Advertisements

Hello all, looking for a bit of advice.

We are moving to Concord, NC in a few weeks (built a home NW of Concord Mills). We are excited as can be about finally be back. That enthusiasm has captured the interest of the in-laws as well and they're entertaining the idea of leaving Kansas and coming east.

I'm racking my brain trying to find a bedroom community outside of Charlotte where they can get to us within 20-25 mins where they could find a 2+ BR with enough room for their RV and access to a hospital (you never know). A tract starter neighborhood probably isnt the kind of place they'd be looking for. They have no need to be able to commute into CLT like we do so they can be a bit further out.

I'd love your thoughts if anything comes to mind... East side of Mooresville? Salisbury? Kannapolis? Somewhere else? Budget around $120k... Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 AM

77 posts, read 149,087 times
There are several houses for sale right now in the $115-120k range in Concord that have enough land they could store an RV on. Are they looking to buy? I've never heard of the term "bedroom community" before.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
"bedroom community" is a suburb where many residents commute to a larger city for work.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 AM

58 posts, read 145,621 times
Thanks NCGirl and UNCarch7. Yep, a bedroom community is a city outside a major metro that has its own character and identity but is commutable to the larger city. For my in-laws, they have no need to commute Uptown, but they do want to ensure access to quality medical care, airports, etc as needed. But because they won't need to go any further than Concord to see us (or more accurately their grandson) they can stand to be 15-20 mins further out of the city than your average commuter would tolerate.

I just don't know enough about the smaller towns in the "outer ring" of Cabarrus, Rowan and Iredell counties...

Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,738,525 times
Kannapolis may have what they're looking for, particularly in the neighborhoods right along Cannon Blvd. near I85. There's a hospital just down Cannon on the other side of the expressway about 5 min away. Most of the homes are smaller (2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 baths) and are in their price range, some are on smaller lots but plenty should have room for an RV.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:25 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,240 times
Maybe Albemarle or Midland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte