Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebert View Post
Would this location be okay for a commute from Ballantyne or NW Union county? Or would the traffic/commute times be prohibitive?

ETA: NVM, this is not the location for the position I'm looking at, but I still don't know where it is now.

Okay, this is weird...I answered this post and SAW it in the thread. Now I come back to read your lateset post and mine is gone????

Do we have gremlins in the machine today??

What I said was, if the job turns out to be in the Tyvola Centre then a commute from Ballantyne or western Union County near Ballantyne would not be horrible, not great, but tolerable. But the further north you go in Union County (across hwy 74) the longer the drive for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 09:24 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
If I had to guess, this makes the most sense to me... United States Military Entrance Processing Command In all liklihood, it would involve performing physicals on military recruits.
Yes this is exactly what this place is. Basically anyone who joins the military in this part of NC and possibly parts of SC, are sent there for a military physical. They also do physicals for college students involved with military programs. For most, if they pass, the next stop will be where ever they are to report for basic training. They handle all the services. I received a military physical from this place years ago when it was still located in Plaza/Midwood. I was applying for a Navy sponsored college program and had to go there for a physical as part of the process. While I was there several buses pulled up full of recruits so there were close to a 100 or so getting physicals when I was there.

There were lots of military doctors, even more nurses and technicians because there were numerous tests and lots of men to process. it wasn't co-ed so I guess women recruits went elsewhere or were processed on a different day. I would say this is most likely the place the OP is looking for.

Last edited by yantosh22; 04-23-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte