Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 6,608 times

Advertisements

Forgive me for my ignorance, but there is a job that I am considering with the US Army Medical Service Corp located in Charlotte. Does anyone know where at in Charlotte this would be? Is there an army base in Charlotte or an army hospital? Sorry if I sound confused, I have inquired with the Army and am waiting to hear back from them as well. I'm a civilian and not that familiar with the army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebert View Post
Forgive me for my ignorance, but there is a job that I am considering with the US Army Medical Service Corp located in Charlotte. Does anyone know where at in Charlotte this would be? Is there an army base in Charlotte or an army hospital? Sorry if I sound confused, I have inquired with the Army and am waiting to hear back from them as well. I'm a civilian and not that familiar with the army.
No army bases or army hospitals in Charlotte

There is a VA satelite clinic, perhaps that is it?

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rl...48915013499645

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM

I don't know either. It's not a VA position, it's with the USAMSC.

I didn't think there were any Army installations in Charlotte.... this is perplexing.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,866,320 times
Quote:
I don't know either. It's not a VA position, it's with the USAMSC.

I didn't think there were any Army installations in Charlotte.... this is perplexing.
If I had to guess, this makes the most sense to me...

United States Military Entrance Processing Command

In all liklihood, it would involve performing physicals on military recruits.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
If I had to guess, this makes the most sense to me...

United States Military Entrance Processing Command

In all liklihood, it would involve performing physicals on military recruits.
Ooh, good call! Do you know anything about that location, like is it easily accessible, in a good part of town?

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Ooh, good call! Do you know anything about that location, like is it easily accessible, in a good part of town?

Thanks!
According to the address on the link Hoagie provided it's in southwest Charlotte. It is in a business area for the most part, with some apts in the nearby area. However, while it's perfectly fine as a place to work, I'd wouldn't live right in the immediate area. You could check out my favorite apts on that side of town, Gramercy at Ayrsley.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
According to the address on the link Hoagie provided it's in southwest Charlotte. It is in a business area for the most part, with some apts in the nearby area. However, while it's perfectly fine as a place to work, I'd wouldn't live right in the immediate area. You could check out my favorite apts on that side of town, Gramercy at Ayrsley.
Would this location be okay for a commute from Ballantyne or NW Union county? Or would the traffic/commute times be prohibitive?

ETA: NVM, this is not the location for the position I'm looking at, but I still don't know where it is now.

Last edited by quebert; 04-22-2011 at 07:34 AM..

Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 AM

983 posts, read 2,542,705 times
Can you ask about the location? shoudn't they provide you with this information as part of the job description? There are a few VA clinics around this area, one is in north Charlotte, I think Huntersville area.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:53 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,866,320 times
Quote:
Would this location be okay for a commute from Ballantyne or NW Union county? Or would the traffic/commute times be prohibitive?

ETA: NVM, this is not the location for the position I'm looking at, but I still don't know where it is now.
The only other thing I could think of is the Reserve/guard station at the airport. Many of those folks are AGR- active guard/reserve, and I wouldnt be surprised if they had a troop medical clinic on site. Other than that, Im at a loss!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Well I have inquired about the location and specifics of the position, but I guess being a governmental agency, they take their sweet time getting back to ya. I'll let you all know where it actually is once I find out! Thanks for all your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte