Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,842,664 times

Advertisements

Sounds like his family turned him in.

Quote:
The CMPD chief said tips from the public helped lead investigators to Sterling. He said detectives worked nonstop Friday and Saturday, and they received "several important pieces of information" late Saturday or early Sunday. Monroe indicated some of the information came from Sterling's relatives.
"I believe people will do the right thing, no matter how close they are to a situation," he said.
"I cannot emphasize how important the information from the public was in bringing closure to this case," Monroe added.
Anyway, a great Thank You to the CMPD and Rock Hill police!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/25/2248150/arrest-made-in-south-charlotte.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 3,286,491 times
Sounds as if this individual has spawned a baby girl. (I won't use the word fathered) What a shame.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Back home whenever I took a walk I would always carry a second wallet with me so if I ever get robbed I would just give them the wallet that was filled with little pieces of paper. I never got robbed though so I was lucky. Maybe some of us should start doing the second wallet thing here in Charlotte?

I really like this idea for those who carry wallets!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Sounds as if this individual has spawned a baby girl. (I won't use the word fathered) What a shame.
See, this is what is so upsetting - it seems to be a never ending cycle Fifteen years from now what will SHE be arrested for doing?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,312,545 times
Glad he is in custody, but maybe the people who 'liked' his status posts (example below) should be investigated before they hurt someone.
The following was written just 5 days before he shot a man walking down a quiet residential street at ~10am.

Chauncey Sterling
u knw lately i been n dis zone like i dnt give a f**k n everything around me but i was built n made to complete a task dat is to get rich hustle or die b***h

Are Nyca Bu, Yasmine Nichols, or QueCee Jce just as dangerous?

Is the following a credible national threat, or just a 'harmless' rap lyric?

Chauncey Sterling
MONEY ON MY MIND ALL I SEE IZ DEAD PRESIDENTS DAT BULL **** U TALKIN MAN DAT **** JUST IRRELAVANT

I grew up on Sharonview just around the corner, and this whole situation makes me angry & sad at the same time.
So pointless.

Last edited by mullman; 04-25-2011 at 01:51 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Chief Monroe said at his press conference:

"He had relatives who live in the area near where the robbery took place"

And people wonder by some folks don't want low income housing near their families.

Read more: Teen arrested in killing of Charlotte executive | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/25/2248150/arrest-made-in-south-charlotte.html#ixzz1KZCtyqCG - broken link)

Old 04-25-2011, 02:18 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I really like this idea for those who carry wallets!

Exactly so when they point a gun at you and demand your money all you have to do is pull out the fake wallet and say "You want my money? here go fetch" and thats when you run

I knew too many people back home who were victims of random robberies. This stuff happens more than people think.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:18 PM

21 posts, read 38,027 times
Wonder why you assume his relatives are low income?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyHeightsWay View Post
Wonder why you assume his relatives are low income?
Because there is some "scattered site housing" in the direction he was seen running. I could of course be wrong, but the punk little coward is pretty much living up to all stereotypes so far.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 PM

515 posts, read 1,036,670 times
I'd like to see his arrest history, I'm betting this is not the first. I fail to understand why the greater society has to tolerate these savages running around loose.

If they are under age I think the parents should be held responsible for their actions. I also think we should follow some of other countries and bring back corporal punishment for the minor offenses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte