U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2011, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Cornelius NC
20 posts, read 33,108 times
Reputation: 16
Default Patio or waterfront patio bar in Cornelius?

Just moved here and I want to enjoy a cocktail on and out door patio, but not feel like I have to order a full dinner. Where should i go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
 
67 posts, read 100,073 times
Reputation: 29
Rusty Rudder - young bar
North Harbor Club - more of a restaurant, but drinks outside work
Latitute 21 (the old Midtown Sundries spot)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,204 posts, read 2,488,691 times
Reputation: 1703
Those are where I would go. There is also Queens Landing (don't they have a bar outside right on the water?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
 
1,664 posts, read 1,396,647 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Those are where I would go. There is also Queens Landing (don't they have a bar outside right on the water?)
Yes. If you have a boat, you can dock right at the floating bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Cornelius NC
20 posts, read 33,108 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Yes. If you have a boat, you can dock right at the floating bar.
Can you walk up to the bar if you just park in their parking lot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Huntersville
391 posts, read 441,994 times
Reputation: 238
Vinnie's. Exit 33-I77 head west on Williamson Rd, about a mile or so on the Rt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
 
1,664 posts, read 1,396,647 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by madras650 View Post
Can you walk up to the bar if you just park in their parking lot?
Yes for sure. There is a boardwalk to it from the main facility.

Queen's Landing - Lake Norman, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Durham UK
1,996 posts, read 2,111,712 times
Reputation: 1018
But Queens landing and Vinnies are in Mooresville, not Cornelius and North Harbor club is Davidson.

Queens landing would be a long boat ride from Cornelius.
North Harbor and Vinnies much shorter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:10 AM
 
1,664 posts, read 1,396,647 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
But Queens landing and Vinnies are in Mooresville, not Cornelius and North Harbor club is Davidson.

Queens landing would be a long boat ride from Cornelius.
North Harbor and Vinnies much shorter.
Nah. If you are boating on the lake, Queens Landing is 15-20 minutes in a power boat from Cornelius. It's right at the midpoint of the lake. It really the only place on the lake where this is a floating walkup bar that doesn't expect to sell you food. Certainly worth mentioning in such a topic as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Durham UK
1,996 posts, read 2,111,712 times
Reputation: 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Nah. If you are boating on the lake, Queens Landing is 15-20 minutes in a power boat from Cornelius. It's right at the midpoint of the lake. It really the only place on the lake where this is a floating walkup bar that doesn't expect to sell you food. Certainly worth mentioning in such a topic as this.
Vinnies is much closer.
I guess it all depends on how fast you go too.
How many miles is it from Cornelius up to Queens Landing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top