U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 PM

536 posts, read 1,540,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaranicole View Post
Would they seriously absorb these areas? I mean, isn't Meck having enough issues with people and growth and also school systems to be adding more onto their belt?
I don't honestly know the answer to that. But common sense would tell me, they are absorbing good areas, for economical reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,662,202 times
Default traffic

I definitely sit in traffic on 16 from wesley chapel but the area is so pretty and it moves so really it is not that bad. I just know it adds about ten mins. to my trip certain times of day. We learned to be patient-haha!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 PM

241 posts, read 813,627 times
Well, I have been in California for the last 4 years, so I'm sure that anything is better then the 91 or the 405 Freeways (where it takes about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get 30 miles at times), so 10 minutes doesn't seem too bad. 10 minutes on top of the Hunter Oaks/Somerset drive to Ballyntyne Commons you think?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:37 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,662,202 times
Default traffic

Well from Hunter oaks you wouldn't take 16 from Weddington so you would miss it...if you bought in Wesley oaks you would hit it.

Yes I had Philly traffic and the traffic here is no way in comparision close to it! JUst watch peopel tend to stop suddenly when they are driving 60 mph! DOn't really understand that yet! ha!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:40 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,143,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
I don't honestly know the answer to that. But common sense would tell me, they are absorbing good areas, for economical reasons.
Uh..Mecklenburg is a county, Union is a county. One county can't absorb another. Charlotte has has a long standing agreement with Union County, not to cross county lines and annex. Towns like Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel and Weddington, will not get "absorbed".

Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Uh..Mecklenburg is a county, Union is a county. One county can't absorb another. Charlotte has has a long standing agreement with Union County, not to cross county lines and annex. Towns like Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel and Weddington, will not get "absorbed".
J im glad you posted this, as this had become issue at one time on the board and alot people got heated about it...saying that we in Hunter Oaks and somerset and longview etc have the chance every 8 years of getting Annexed from Union..and that we cant say it wont happen so .I hope your right.. as we sit near the border of S.Charlotte...

Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 PM

241 posts, read 813,627 times
I am assuming that that would cause some huge issues if Meck just tried to come in and swoop up outside of another county - especially such a well to do area that I assume would be beneficial for Union County to have.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,752,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
I believe a more appropriate term is "assimilated"- our distinctiveness will be added to their own...right LovesMountains? (she'll get the dry humor)

Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I believe a more appropriate term is "assimilated"- our distinctiveness will be added to their own...right LovesMountains? (she'll get the dry humor)
hee hee hee

I was actually thinking along those lines myself!

Listen, Mecklenburg is not going to swoop in and steal anything out of Union county - only Charlotte swoops in and steals unincorporated areas of Mecklenburg county. No other "stealing" of land than that is going on.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,939 times
What Loves said, if a union county area is unicorporated and next to charlotte and can be annexd reagrdless of what county it is in, however if it becomes Waxhaw, Marvin etc it can not be annexd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte