U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,631 times

Advertisements

Does BOA screen all employees for credit worthiness? Let me know, need to pass the information on.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM

487 posts, read 656,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
Does BOA screen all employees for credit worthiness? Let me know, need to pass the information on.

Thanks.
I think it depends on the job. When I was there my credit was run but I had access to sensitive data so it may have been the job. BAC is fairly stringent for employment. I still have flashbacks to the documentation I had to do. They make you go way back on your employment verification and it MUST match.

Wells was much easier.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,369,298 times
In some cases they also do drug testing and take fingerprints for a background check.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 AM

339 posts, read 624,271 times
I work in IT for BAC. I was fingerprinted, credit check, but not drug tested. I do believe it is based on the type of job. I was really surprised that I did not have to take a drug test. I had to for First Union/Wachovia and I was only a helpdesk analyst at the time!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:00 AM

3,423 posts, read 9,227,117 times
Any financial institution will.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,631 times
Thanks guys, I'll pass the information on. Law firms do not require any drug test nor credit check. My friend will have to stick with the Firms that do not require credit checks. Feel sorry for her, as she is transitioning through a horrible divorce.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 16,559 times
I work for BOA (currently in NY, but most likely moving to Charlotte in November)...When I was hired as a full time employee in 08 (coming off a contract position with the bank) They did do background and credit checks, but no drug test. I was going through a rough financial point in my life, and had very recently filed for bankruptcy just before the position was offered to me. They accepted me anyway even with that on my credit. I am not sure of what their "breaking point" so to speak is, but since I would say a bankruptcy is pretty bad as far as credit goes, your friend should not count out the bank solely for the reason that they do a credit check. As long as there are no felony convictions on her record, or any evidence of identity theft performed by her, then she should still consider the position. They offer great benefits, and reasonable job security even with these bad times we are in. Hope this helps.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:12 AM

348 posts, read 751,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromAlbanyToCharlotte View Post
I work for BOA (currently in NY, but most likely moving to Charlotte in November)...When I was hired as a full time employee in 08 (coming off a contract position with the bank) They did do background and credit checks, but no drug test. I was going through a rough financial point in my life, and had very recently filed for bankruptcy just before the position was offered to me. They accepted me anyway even with that on my credit. I am not sure of what their "breaking point" so to speak is, but since I would say a bankruptcy is pretty bad as far as credit goes, your friend should not count out the bank solely for the reason that they do a credit check. As long as there are no felony convictions on her record, or any evidence of identity theft performed by her, then she should still consider the position. They offer great benefits, and reasonable job security even with these bad times we are in. Hope this helps.
Agreed ... accept for the job security. Many U.S. jobs have been lost due to "globalization" effort (e.g. jobs heading to India).

Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM

7,672 posts, read 9,861,757 times
The credit check was explained to my husband over the years that it looks for extreme debt that is months behind or worse gambling debts etc. They want to make sure you aren't going to steal or embezzle money to pay those off.

But small bad debts isn't a factor.

Depending on what her credit is, she may qualify.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:28 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,785,214 times
Back in the Nationsbank, Wachovia, First Union days, (doesn't seem like that long ago) I knew someone who worked in the check proof department who as prone to bounce checks. I forget which of the 3 this might have been. Each time the supervisor would call him up there and tell him that he should be more responsible, but according to him they never did anything beyond that but make him pay off the check.

They didn't get upset until he got pissed at them and closed his personal account at the bank he worked at, opened an account at the bank across the street, and told them to deposit his pay there. haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte