Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,399 times

Advertisements

Howdy-

I am relocating to the Kings Mountain area for the next 18 months for work. I am looking for places to live. Doing a google search for apartments does not bring up much. Can anyone recommended any decent apartment complexes in the area? I am moving from Dallas and have never been to the Charlotte area before.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 10:03 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texagg09 View Post
Howdy-

I am relocating to the Kings Mountain area for the next 18 months for work. I am looking for places to live. Doing a google search for apartments does not bring up much. Can anyone recommended any decent apartment complexes in the area? I am moving from Dallas and have never been to the Charlotte area before.

Thanks
Hi, I live in Kings Mountain. Since you mentioned both Kings Mountain & Gastonia, will you be working in both? I'm assuming that this is construction-related since it's temporary. There's quite a bit of construction going on in both places, that's why I asked.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Your assumption is correct. After reading some of your posts, you know a lot about the area. I will only be working in Kings Mountain. I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. None of the local apartments have websites and two of them I talked to today didn't have anything they could email me about the properties. I would love to rent something where there are places to eat in walking distance.

Also, how long does it take to get to CLT at 5 on a Friday? I will be flying home most weekends.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Your assumption is correct. After reading some of your posts, you know a lot about the area. I will only be working in Kings Mountain. I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. None of the local apartments have websites and two of them I talked to today didn't have anything they could email me about the properties. I would love to rent something where there are places to eat in walking distance.

Also, how long does it take to get to CLT at 5 on a Friday? I will be flying home most weekends.
There are some privately owned apartments on my street. I can DM you a phone number for one. There is an opening. I don't know how many bedrooms or anything else. They seem kept up & the residents are not a problem. If you don't like these, you could always move. However, one thing that might work, since I know that it's impossible to check out the local apartments online, there are 3 motels at Exit 8 of I 85. You could get a room for a week or two while you scout out places, at a weekly rate. Of the 3, I would recommend 1st Victory Inn, because the entrance to each room is from an interior hallway.

There is a house on the street that was rented out, but the renters left. I'm not sure when it will go back on the market, but when it does it will go fast. Resale is terrible right now, so many are renting rather than selling. I'm mentioning this because you can walk downtown from this street. There are 3 restaurants within walking distance. These are not fast food joints. (Real restaurants, & 1 is a steakhouse) There is a good barbeque restaurant, but it's a bit further.

Going to the airport on Friday night should not be a problem. You would be going against traffic. It takes 30 minutes, give or take 5 minutes to get to the road for the airport, from my house. Your time may vary, depending on the location that you are leaving from, but not by much.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Please DM me the phone number you have. I will be in Charlotte in 2 weeks to get my housing arranged.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Please DM me the phone number you have. I will be in Charlotte in 2 weeks to get my housing arranged.
I sent that. I'll be out later today & tomorrow. I'll check a couple of other places that would be walkable to downtown.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 AM

I happened to think of a couple of things that might be helpful.

First: The city is the utility provider within the city limits. That will make your life a lot easier. City of Kings Mountain, North Carolina

Second: You might get some suggestions for apartments from the Kings Mountain office of the Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce. Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce

Kings Mountain Office:
150 West Mountain Street
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
Phone: (704) 739-4755

The woman who runs the office is super nice.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte