U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM

9,573 posts, read 8,862,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
So much silence...

What does everyone think now? 400+ yards again so no fluke on yardage. Yet, now 3 interceptions since he played a better defense. Sacked 4 times, including a huge one in the red zone on fourth down. Another Panthers loss.
Give it up..the guy is the future....they played a great team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,138,788 times
Quote:
So much silence...

What does everyone think now? 400+ yards again so no fluke on yardage. Yet, now 3 interceptions since he played a better defense. Sacked 4 times, including a huge one in the red zone on fourth down. Another Panthers loss.
No fluke at all. He's a rookie, 1 sack came from running out bounds behind the line of scrimmage. Dude, it's a process and thus far I like what I see; this week surpised me more than last week. Obviously you do not understand the game, those loses are going to turn into wins very shortly.

He's definitely much better than Clausen....sorry man, he is; your obvious disdain for him want change that fact or chang the Panther staff's mindset.

All QBs go thru a huge learning curve:

Peyton Manning first year:

Manning was certainly a bright spot in 1998 for the Colts, but he also threw a league high 28 interceptions as the team struggled to a 313 record, with a defense that surrendered more than 27 points per game. The Colts lost many close games, including five games in which they had led by double-digits at some point.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
So much silence...

In a few weeks, guys like you will silently disappear from the board....seen it too many times once your ridiculous predictions don't come to fruition.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
In a few weeks, guys like you will silently disappear from the board....seen it too many times once your ridiculous predictions don't come to fruition.
The only thing you can knock about Newton is his red zone play. However, the Packers are KNOWN for being fantastic defensively in the red zone. That however is what you would expect from a ROOKIE...the guy has poise, a great arm, good football instincts. He tends to overthrow guys and some decisions are questionable but he has made watching this team interesting again. I am not a Panthers fan so for me its been tough watching this team the last 4 years...This is the first year I find the games entertaining again. This guy is gaining experience right now and he will just get better.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:17 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,941,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
He's definitely much better than Clausen....sorry man, he is; your obvious disdain for him want change that fact or chang the Panther staff's mindset.
Panthers of course are running with him. Not saying they would change their minds up to this point.

Quote:
Peyton Manning first year:

Manning was certainly a bright spot in 1998 for the Colts, but he also threw a league high 28 interceptions as the team struggled to a 313 record, with a defense that surrendered more than 27 points per game. The Colts lost many close games, including five games in which they had led by double-digits at some point.
So next year should I expect 13-3 season like Manning and gang did?

Lastly...
Approx totals of plays from this game - 52 Passing Attempts to 14 rushing attempts.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Panthers of course are running with him. Not saying they would change their minds up to this point.

Lastly...
Approx totals of plays from this game - 52 Passing Attempts to 14 rushing attempts.
I suspect teams will now start backing off the line of scrimmage now that Newton has proven he can pass.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:50 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
485 total yards, 2td's(1 rushing) and 3int's vs the defending SB champs...

and someone has the nerve to point out a loss like it proves Cam isn't the future?

I'm not a Carolina fan and I'm excited watching the kid play. The Panthers have the QB position locked up for a long time. The wins will come, the play calling is relying on Cam too much but we see why.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:56 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
Quote:
you said by the end of the season he would be on the bench. Do you still think so? Of course not.

The Panthers could go 0-16 and Cam would be a lock at the QB position. Do you really think the Panther FO is down on this kid? They won the lottery. Cam has the most jerseys sold in the last 7 days.

You sound like a guy who can't admit he was wrong about Cam. He also didn't have OTA's and didn't get a chance to do the traditional off season routine. Skies the limit with this kid after 2 games.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 09-18-2011 at 04:22 PM..

Old 09-18-2011, 04:24 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,987,884 times
Quote:
So much silence...

You should be the one who's silent. Cam had another record breaking game. I have a serious question for you, since you obviously have something personal against a player who's looking like he'll make the pro bowl this year....exactly who else would you rather see playing QB for the Panthers right now?

Old 09-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Lastly...
13-3...who knows? Gotta formulate a balanced attack, as am sure will change....Newton has a strong arm, got em in some trouble today trying to squeeze passes in some tough spots, at least he is realizing when to go to safety valve.

13-3..LOL, he ain't Peyton and probably never will be but 10-6...that sounds decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte