U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 10:01 AM

11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I don't expect perfection. I just expect a team that at least can pull 5 to 6 wins this year. They already blew one easy chance i.e. Arizona. Let's hope they don't screw up next week.
On the road in AZ with a new coach, new staff, new offense and a rookie QB.

No one expected Carolina to win the AZ game.

Panthers had a chance to win 2 games now... I don't believe in moral victories but these 2 losses are probably the best losses Panther fans have witnessed in a long time.

It's only a matter of time before they start winning. Next week should be a W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 AM

3,521 posts, read 2,233,082 times
Quote:
Not saying they are. But in both defenses, you don't draft a QB at #1 and not start him. Remember his preseason was way worst than the other two QB on roster and yet he was still the starter.

Newton breaks these records yet each week a DB overshadows any accomplishments. Last week it was Peterson with the great defense as a rookie + pretty much game winning punt return. This week we had Woodson. He was def the player of the game. 2 Interceptions and 1 Force Fumble recovery.

That is true. Clausen is a) not as big as Cam and 2) not as powerful a runner as him. Do note while a positive, it is also a negative. Example: last game 3rd down and 1, Cam attempted to run in the endzone vs dumping to the open receiver in the endzone (which the play was setup for the QB to make that decision). Instead, he was overpowered and brought down at the 4, which the panthers couldn't punch in.

Otah was there in Week 1 and neither back got many carries. Nowhere close to their averages.
I think this was a rookie mistake - he learned that this isn't college and he can't turn the corner faster than a Pro defense in that situation. Once he gets more experience, he'll learn to throw it away and take the 3 points instead.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 AM

Cam is waiting til the last second to run... I know he wants to show he can make all the throws but sometimes he needs to take off if it's there.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,938,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
On the road in AZ with a new coach, new staff, new offense and a rookie QB.

No one expected Carolina to win the AZ game.
Let's take a look at this stud of an Zona team.
New QB - Kevin Kolb. Lost his starting gig due to poor play + injury. Traded after denouncing team.
RB - Beanie Wells. Avg 3.4 yards/carry last year including a steller performance against Carolina with a beastly 11 yards.
WR - Outside Fitz, I can't name another receiver. If it wasn't about the money and more about winning, Fitz would be long gone like Boldin was.
New TE - They are running with Carolina's own Jeff King, who we replaced with better TEs.

Defense is atrocious. Last year's #3 worst defense in the league. Proof in the pudding showing this year: a Rookie CB guarded a Top 5 NFL receiver.

This was easily a game the Panthers should have won, especially with all the offensive weapons the team now has. But they failed.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
I don't expect perfection. I just expect a team that at least can pull 5 to 6 wins this year. They already blew one easy chance i.e. Arizona. Let's hope they don't screw up next week.
No, we're 0-2 and actually had chances to win both games; silly and rookie mistakes (Cam). I am Panthers fan and will pull for Cam as hard I pulled for Jimmy, Matt and Jake. No, not gonna give Cam a pass although he has exceeded some folks expectations. I ignored the negative media and will continue to ignore this new kiss-Cam-butt media. If the O-coordinator successfuly integrates Dwill and Jstew's ground game this week, I predict a win (even the big-stotle can make outlandish predictions).

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 09-19-2011 at 01:23 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
New QB - Kevin Kolb. Lost his starting gig due to poor play + injury. Traded after denouncing team.
RB - Beanie Wells. Avg 3.4 yards/carry last year including a steller performance against Carolina with a beastly 11 yards.
WR - Outside Fitz, I can't name another receiver. If it wasn't about the money and more about winning, Fitz would be long gone like Boldin was.
New TE - They are running with Carolina's own Jeff King, who we replaced with better TEs.

Defense is atrocious. Last year's #3 worst defense in the league. Proof in the pudding showing this year: a Rookie CB guarded a Top 5 NFL receiver.

This was easily a game the Panthers should have won, especially with all the offensive weapons the team now has. But they failed.
Kevin Kolb lost his job to Mike Vick, an NFL pro bowler! Vick wasn't old or washed-up, he wasn't gonna beat-out Vick. He (Kolb) had another good game against my former passion (Redskins) yesterday.

Dude, the offense and Cam did not lose this game, this is the NFL and all the teams are good, some are better than others and the last team that went undefeated was the '72 Dolphins.

You're inferring that Cam has better weapons than Jimmy C, maybe but Cam is a better QB. You're wasting time and energy trying to prove the unprovable, you did the same thing during preseason. Trust me, if Cam slips you'll see ya boy Jimmy C. And if he doesn't he'll get traded and be able to prove himself. He will get another opportunity in the league.

There is no such thing as an "easy" victory in the NFL, again r u serious?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Who said Zona was a stud? I said it wasn't an easy win. No one... and I mean NO one expected the Panthers to beat AZ. The only reason you can say the Panthers should have easily won is because Cam played so well.

Kevin Kolb didn't play poorly or bad mouth his former team, he was outplayed by Vick and it was obvious he wasn't getting his job back after he was injured and Vick took over.

Regardless of AZ's talent they were at home. You are talking about this Carolina team like they were 14-2 last year. They were 2-14. They have new coaches and a rookie QB.

How can you use AZ's draft pick as proof their D sucked? LOL. Carolina picked first so clearly they were the worst team last year. You can't have it both ways...

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Kevin Kolb lost his job to Mike Vick, an NFL pro bowler! Vick wasn't old or washed-up, he wasn't gonna beat-out Vick. He (Kolb) had another good game against my former passion (Redskins) yesterday.

Dude, the offense and Cam did not lose this game, this is the NFL and all the teams are good, some are better than others and the last team that went undefeated was the '72 Dolphins.

You're inferring that Cam has better weapons than Jimmy C, maybe but Cam is a better QB. You're wasting time and energy trying to prove the unprovable, you did the same thing during preseason. Trust me, if Cam slips you'll see ya boy Jimmy C. And if he doesn't he'll get traded and be able to prove himself. He will get another opportunity in the league.

There is no such thing as an "easy" victory in the NFL, again r u serious?
Who cares about Jimmy C. The guy was horrible. Trust me... he isn't getting any better and Carolina isn't shooting themselves in the foot by benching him.

Jimmy was awful. How many times did he throw to Steve Smith last year? How many deep passes that went Steve's way landed out of bounds?

Jimmy will get another chance but look around at other Notre Dame QB's... they all have the same problem.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:59 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,914,129 times
I am late to the party, but really like Cam Newton and I like watching the Panthers. They are going to win some games this year. I tried to watch them last year, but during several games after watching 3 and out 2 or 3 times with every play a "groaner" I just couldn't watch. They certainly need to win some games soon, but barring a long losing streak or an injury this will be a fun season.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:35 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,452,580 times
Quote:
So why were Arizona -6.5pt favorites???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte