U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-25-2011, 06:36 PM
 
3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Reputation: 3403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
What... they got a win today. It wasn't pretty. Coach finally allowed our runningbacks to run. Thanks for the rain. As for Cam... he potentially threw two picks which Jacksonville guys dropped. But hey, they at least got the win.
Brady threw for 390 yards and had 4 potential ints that weren't dropped. Think I'll take 158 yards, almost 2 picks and a W. Every game, QBs have several near misses in terms of ints, even the best. Potential ints?? LOL, instead of highlighting the composed 4th quarter TD drive (considering his less than stellar performance) we can depend on you to the accentuate the "positive" aspects of today's game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,938,747 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Brady threw for 390 yards and had 4 potential ints that weren't dropped. Think I'll take 158 yards, almost 2 picks and a W. Every game, QBs have several near misses in terms of ints, even the best. Potential ints?? LOL, instead of highlighting the composed 4th quarter TD drive (considering his less than stellar performance) we can depend on you to the accentuate the "positive" aspects of today's game.
Fair enough. Either way if the Panthers win, we all win. Let's hope they continue the ball rolling against the 1-2 Bears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
What... they got a win today. It wasn't pretty. Coach finally allowed our runningbacks to run (thanks for the rain). As for Cam... he potentially threw two picks which Jacksonville guys dropped. But hey, they at least got the win.
Potential picks? Where do they keep that stat? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,938,747 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Potential picks? Where do they keep that stat? LOL
If you watched the game, you would have seen it and also heard it from the announcers. But again, the comment is fair enough as it is not a true stat. If you are fine with Newton's overthrows and behind throws of last game, then continue to hype him. If you were fine with him rushing the ball trying to run over linemen on 3rd and 4 where he is lost a yard, continue to hype him. Like I said, at this point, as long as the Panthers continue to win who cares how ugly it looks. A win is a win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
 
3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Reputation: 3403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
If you watched the game, you would have seen it and also heard it from the announcers. But again, the comment is fair enough as it is not a true stat. If you are fine with Newton's overthrows and behind throws of last game, then continue to hype him. If you were fine with him rushing the ball trying to run over linemen on 3rd and 4 where he is lost a yard, continue to hype him. Like I said, at this point, as long as the Panthers continue to win who cares how ugly it looks. A win is a win.
Yes, I am fine with the overthrows, behind throws, the ON-TARGET throws and his ability to evade the pass rush. Why is it hype with Cam and a plus for everybody else? Could anyone be more overhyped than Andrew Luck at this point? I guess if Newton doesn't complete 80% of his passes with 300+ yards a game, No TOs then he's all hype. Your measuring stick is slanted and biased because of an apparent "wishfulness" for instant failure that has eluded you to-date. I think you should consider cheering for another team or ABP (anybody but panthers) to fulfill your preseason predictions. In all honesty, either you're pulling for all members of the team or being hypocritical.

It's ok to highlight the weakness or critique his game, but to constantly nitpick without seeing the positives is not what I call a "fan".

I've been a Redskins fan for umpteen years (pre-panthers and still pull for the skins). Did I like the way Donovan McNabb situation was handled by the FO and Shanahan. No, but once the skins committed to Grossman, I'm onboard. Either you get over it or find another team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
If you watched the game, you would have seen it and also heard it from the announcers. But again, the comment is fair enough as it is not a true stat. If you are fine with Newton's overthrows and behind throws of last game, then continue to hype him. If you were fine with him rushing the ball trying to run over linemen on 3rd and 4 where he is lost a yard, continue to hype him. Like I said, at this point, as long as the Panthers continue to win who cares how ugly it looks. A win is a win.

Just admit you hate the guy and keep it moving.

Please tell me what QB has never thrown high or behind a WR.

I'll wait
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Yes, I am fine with the overthrows, behind throws, the ON-TARGET throws and his ability to evade the pass rush. Why is it hype with Cam and a plus for everybody else? Could anyone be more overhyped than Andrew Luck at this point? I guess if Newton doesn't complete 80% of his passes with 300+ yards a game, No TOs then he's all hype. Your measuring stick is slanted and biased because of an apparent "wishfulness" for instant failure that has eluded you to-date. I think you should consider cheering for another team or ABP (anybody but panthers) to fulfill your preseason predictions. In all honesty, either you're pulling for all members of the team or being hypocritical.

It's ok to highlight the weakness or critique his game, but to constantly nitpick without seeing the positives is not what I call a "fan".

I've been a Redskins fan for umpteen years (pre-panthers and still pull for the skins). Did I like the way Donovan McNabb situation was handled by the FO and Shanahan. No, but once the skins committed to Grossman, I'm onboard. Either you get over it or find another team.
He is the typical Cam basher...

Cam bashers are furious because he came out the gate with 2 400+ games... they really thought the kid would fail and now that he isn't they are still trying to nit pick.

You would think every other QB who played the game never had an incompletion or an INT the way they talk about Cam.

It's so obvious you almost have to wonder if there is another reason why they feel this way about Cam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
 
218 posts, read 210,109 times
Reputation: 46
Bring in some good receivers, get the o-line better and cam will rise to the top!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
Bring in some good receivers, get the o-line better and cam will rise to the top!
bingo... but this is why Panther fans should be happy. The QB position is locked up for the next 10 years and it will be easier to get FA's to consider Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2011, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,938,747 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
It's ok to highlight the weakness or critique his game, but to constantly nitpick without seeing the positives is not what I call a "fan".
I have agreed with the only positives I have seen so far which is he up to this last game was pretty good with passing. The other thing (I even mentioned) was he could evade if the pocket collapses and potentially pick up yardage with his feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
He is the typical Cam basher...
Anyone who has followed this thread would have already realized that I am not a fan of Newton. And unlike the "real bashers" I have admitted that he has thrown better than I expected. Until he drops that "Auburn cockiness" and starts helping the team win vs personal glory, maybe... just maybe... I will like him.

Quote:
bashers are furious because he came out the gate with 2 400+ games... they really thought the kid would fail and now that he isn't they are still trying to nit pick.
Far from it. The "fans" are blinded by throwing yards. They look past the fact that he still hasn't past even on TDs to Interceptions ratio. Some decisions especially in the red zone has been overlooked by those fans as well. Those decisions cost scores which in turn cost games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top