U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,351,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I have agreed with the only positives I have seen so far which is he up to this last game was pretty good with passing. The other thing (I even mentioned) was he could evade if the pocket collapses and potentially pick up yardage with his feet.

Anyone who has followed this thread would have already realized that I am not a fan of Newton. And unlike the "real bashers" I have admitted that he has thrown better than I expected. Until he drops that "Auburn cockiness" and starts helping the team win vs personal glory, maybe... just maybe... I will like him.

Far from it. The "fans" are blinded by throwing yards. They look past the fact that he still hasn't past even on TDs to Interceptions ratio. Some decisions especially in the red zone has been overlooked by those fans as well. Those decisions cost scores which in turn cost games.
Auburn cockiness? This, ladies and Gents.... is a prime example of a Cam basher. I think it's safe to say that you aren't a fan of Cam the person. Anyone talking about Aurburn cockiness and personal glory doesn't "get it" Whatever he did to your team in college is over with. Get on board or get left behind...

Is he screaming war eagle? throwing toilet paper on trees around the stadium? Please tell us what Aurburn cockiness is....

do you really think Cam put up 400+ yards for personal glory and didn't hit WR's in the red zone so he could keep all the "glor"y for himself.

Cam bashers have some of the weirdest logic ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 PM

469 posts, read 877,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Potential picks? Where do they keep that stat? LOL
In the same place as dropped passes and completions nullified by penalties.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile View Post
In the same place as dropped passes and completions nullified by penalties.
unreal... talk about grasping for anything while falling down.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:09 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,986,999 times
Quote:

...Until he drops that "Auburn cockiness" and starts helping the team win vs personal glory, maybe... just maybe... I will like him.
WTH???? Cockiness??? Personal glory??? So if the coaches call a pass play and he completes it, he's cocky and seeking personal glory???? Dude, for real, just stop it.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM

3,956 posts, read 2,504,808 times
At least the Panthers won yesterday...

Old 09-26-2011, 04:14 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,940,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
WTH???? Cockiness??? Personal glory??? So if the coaches call a pass play and he completes it, he's cocky and seeking personal glory???? Dude, for real, just stop it.
3rd and 4 last game. The play was not called as a design QB run i.e. Cam had choice. He thought he could run over NFL Defensive Linemen like they were playing for Kentucky. He did not pick up the first. That's what I mean by Auburn cockiness. This isn't the first instance of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
Whatever he did to your team in college is over with. Get on board or get left behind...
Since we have already gone over this... this is how college football works. Teams play within their conference outside of 3-4 non-conference teams. My team plays in a completely different conference as Mr. Newton so he had zero impact on my team in the 1... yes 1 year of collegiate D1 sports. So Again, no bias from that angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX Cell
At least the Panthers won yesterday...
Agree. I stated my happiness for a win in my opening statement this weekend and wish for their success this upcoming weekend against the Bears.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM

It sounds like you want everyone but Cam to win.

The other guys get paid too...getting tackled by a LB on a soggy field isn't cockiness.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,137,250 times
Quote:
3rd and 4 last game. The play was not called as a design QB run i.e. Cam had choice. He thought he could run over NFL Defensive Linemen like they were playing for Kentucky. He did not pick up the first. That's what I mean by Auburn cockiness. This isn't the first instance of it.

Since we have already gone over this... this is how college football works. Teams play within their conference outside of 3-4 non-conference teams. My team plays in a completely different conference as Mr. Newton so he had zero impact on my team in the 1... yes 1 year of collegiate D1 sports. So Again, no bias from that angle.

Agree. I stated my happiness for a win in my opening statement this weekend and wish for their success this upcoming weekend against the Bears.
That's not cockiness but called being a rookie. There is a certain air of confidence or "cockiness" with all professional players else you wont make it in the league. That was a knock on Jimmy Clausen..too "cocky" but never bothered me espeicially if it is displayed on the field.

As most rookie's realize after a few games into the season what worked in college doesn't translate to the NFL, players are faster and more physical. Cam will continue to run but will learn when and when not to...again, your expectations for him are unrealistic thru game 3. There is a severe learning curve in the NFL gained only through experience. If he's plays up to your expectations for the year he will be ALL-PRO in his rookie season. Albeit a heck of an accomplishment but truly unrealistic.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:39 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,804,441 times
Quote:
Far from it. The "fans" are blinded by throwing yards. They look past the fact that he still hasn't past even on TDs to Interceptions ratio. Some decisions especially in the red zone has been overlooked by those fans as well. Those decisions cost scores which in turn cost games.
This is my biggest critique of Cam, those first two Ls were caused by him in the red zone and on third downs. I can't hate him for it because he is a young quarterback and belvie with experience he'll get better. People seem to forget he's a rookie. And I'm a Alabama fan, but I'm also a Panthers fan, so that makes me a Cam fan. I doubt I'd follow Cam to a new team, like the way I follow the Bears now since Peppers play for them. In fact I first started rooting fro the Bears when "Moose" went there from Carolina.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:11 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,137,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
This is my biggest critique of Cam, those first two Ls were caused by him in the red zone and on third downs. I can't hate him for it because he is a young quarterback and belvie with experience he'll get better. People seem to forget he's a rookie. And I'm a Alabama fan, but I'm also a Panthers fan, so that makes me a Cam fan. I doubt I'd follow Cam to a new team, like the way I follow the Bears now since Peppers play for them. In fact I first started rooting fro the Bears when "Moose" went there from Carolina.
Remember the fanthom holding penalty against Gross at the 3 yard nullifying a TD. Not only because he is a rookie, but the entire team/offense is adjusting to a new system. Cam has erred but to solely blame him for losing those games is quite extreme. If so, did he win the game against Jacksonville considering the moxie displayed during the final drive? or was it a team effort?

Against Arizona, punt return for a TD? Lackluster defense at times. The redzone wasn't the problem against Green Bay but Cams ints (Woodson) and turnovers in general. I previously posted redzone stats, it's tough to score TDs in the NFL. I think Woodson's ints shellshocked Cam and made him tentative across the middle against the Jaquars

Sure, there were missed TD opportunities in the redzone but memories are short considering how seldom the Panthers reached the redzone last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte