Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Hmmmm...strange...I thought the Panthers running game was ranked lower.
It's too early in the year to take the rankings seriously. They could be ranked in the top 10 if they have a good game this week or fall to last if they go pass happy.

I wouldn't take NO's run D ranking as legit either. Why run on a team that stinks at defending the pass? I think NO is 19th right now...

Like I said, not enough data to get a true sense but I think teams are passing a ton now so run D isn't a legit stat unless you are getting gouged like my Steelers are this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
It's up to -6.5 now

I could see it at -7 by game time Sunday
someone's about to lose some money. NO is a different team when they play outside.

Carolina covers..

Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
These boys are playing hard today!!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
These boys are playing hard today!!
Yes they are, but what was with that last NO TD? We let the NO player get wide open in the red zone, then one Panther pulled up short when he saw the other Panther was closer. Then that Panther, who should have drilled the NO receiver at the goal line, just slapped him on the way by. What happened to playing hard, all the way to the end of the play?? I think one or both of the Panthers had a real shot at stopping that TD. At the end of the game, I would think everyone should be giving 110%, not slowing up and giving in.

I'm watching on a half hour delay, so the game is over by this time.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:38 PM

359 posts, read 591,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
someone's about to lose some money. NO is a different team when they play outside.

Carolina covers..
Yep, Cam played well again

I'm the biggest Cam hater but he is pretty dang good

I'm done betting this year

My $200 turned into $600 and it now went to $500

I shall call it quits while up a decent amount.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM

Like I said... Panther covered. Panthers aren't winning but they are in every game. Stop mlinv stupid mistakes and play disciplined and they will win a few of these games.

I cannot understand why they called time out before the half. Who does that?

Moving forward I think they need to stop being cute inside the 5 and go power I. They also need to get off the field on 3rd down. That was a looooong drive.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 PM

359 posts, read 591,891 times
Like I said, Panthers lose...again

1-4

They are racking up the moral victories though

Old 10-09-2011, 03:06 PM

763 posts, read 822,098 times
I wish we could trade our players for the Saints' players. They are really great including their quarterback. Basically, Newton had a pretty bad day including his ridiculous throw to the Saints player in the first minute and his over throws. When these guys win, I may change my negative attitude. They are like having the best battleships in the navy. They mean nothing if they can't win a battle. Maybe next year? I truly hope that they prove me wrong and turn around. At this point, I would bet that the could probably beat any high school team in the area.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:07 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
Like I said, Panthers lose...again

1-4

They are racking up the moral victories though
This team is playing good teams tough..Newton is a MAJOR improvment over last year.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:08 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
I wish we could trade our players for the Saints' players. They are really great including their quarterback. Basically, Newton had a pretty bad day including his ridiculous throw to the Saints player in the first minute and his over throws. When these guys win, I may change my negative attitude. They are like having the best battleships in the navy. They mean nothing if they can't win a battle. Maybe next year? I truly hope that they prove me wrong and turn around. At this point, I would bet that the could probably beat any high school team in the area.
??? nutty post

This team is competitive with teams we thought was WAY over their heads..wins will come. heck they lost their 2 best defensive players and are still hanging in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte