U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 03:22 PM

763 posts, read 644,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
??? nutty post

This team is competitive with teams we thought was WAY over their heads..wins will come. heck they lost their 2 best defensive players and are still hanging in.
Is that like coming in second place in a boxing match? Nationally, nobody really remembers the "almost" wins when Superbowl time rolls around. Guess we will wait and see how "nutty" my thoughts were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 03:50 PM

9,571 posts, read 8,855,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Is that like coming in second place in a boxing match? Nationally, nobody really remembers the "almost" wins when Superbowl time rolls around. Guess we will wait and see how "nutty" my thoughts were.
Not all teams can compete equally. This team has a rookie qb and a decimated defense..they are doing better than we could have conceived. I still think 3-4 wins are in order as per my preseason prediction but frankly they are much better than I thought they'd be. At least they interesting. You have to stop thinking Super Bowl./....thats the problem.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM

3,956 posts, read 2,503,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
Like I said, Panthers lose...again

1-4

They are racking up the moral victories though
They werent even getting moral victories last season...

Old 10-09-2011, 04:12 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,349,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
Like I said, Panthers lose...again

1-4

They are racking up the moral victories though
No.. you said Panthers wouldn't cover....

Besides the AZ game, and I doubt anyone expected them to win the AZ game, there hasn't been a game that any fan can point to as proof the Panthers are moving in the wrong direction.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 10-09-2011 at 04:22 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 04:18 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,349,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
I wish we could trade our players for the Saints' players. They are really great including their quarterback. Basically, Newton had a pretty bad day including his ridiculous throw to the Saints player in the first minute and his over throws. When these guys win, I may change my negative attitude. They are like having the best battleships in the navy. They mean nothing if they can't win a battle. Maybe next year? I truly hope that they prove me wrong and turn around. At this point, I would bet that the could probably beat any high school team in the area.
that makes zero sense... they were 2-14 last year. You really need wins to feel good about this Panther team?

They had the lead with 6 minutes left and the D gave up a last second TD. If you aren't encouraged by the Panthers this year it's because you have unrealistic expectations.

HS teams? You sound like you have been drinking too many of your names today. LOL

Old 10-09-2011, 05:03 PM

763 posts, read 644,774 times
[quoYee=Feltdesigner;21216532] that makes zero sense... they were 2-14 last year. You really need wins to feel good about this Panther team?

Ditto about the making sense thing. We have one one game (or possibly two) counting the pre-games. That means that we are now 1 for 4. Doesn't that sound familiar? Considering this , why do I not make sense? I hope this trend changes. Secondly, of course I need wins to feel good about "this Panther team". Should I feel good if we keep losing?

HS teams? You sound like you have been drinking too many of your names

[/quote]

Understand, I commented directly after the game. I was disappointed. I hope the trend changes. But, being close isn't winning.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,940,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
No.. you said Panthers wouldn't cover....

Besides the AZ game, and I doubt anyone expected them to win the AZ game, there hasn't been a game that any fan can point to as proof the Panthers are moving in the wrong direction.
Not sure what you mean but I thought they had a advantage to beat Arizona but feel short to Newton's shortcomings.

Though, again this week Newton played fairly well minus a few overthrows (i.e. the missed Shockey TD). Today New Orleans just outplayed them. When it came down to it, Brees pulled it out again like he does most games.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,135,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Not sure what you mean but I thought they had a advantage to beat Arizona but feel short to Newton's shortcomings.

Though, again this week Newton played fairly well minus a few overthrows (i.e. the missed Shockey TD). Today New Orleans just outplayed them. When it came down to it, Brees pulled it out again like he does most games.

Newton's "shortcomings"? First game in the NFL and he passes for 400+ yards in which the Panthers suffered special team and defensive breakdowns and it's Cam's fault? GTFOH. His "shortcomings" are the reason these games are close and he's making it look easier than it really is.

The Panthers were not outplayed by the Saint's but the green coaching staff made poor decisions at key moments which probably cost them the game.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:10 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,802,537 times
As frat as the numbers Cam puts up, the greatest numbers or "Ws" . I think he is the future, but right now, he is not impressing me with his clutch and red zone play. He fails when it counts the most. Reminds me of Tony Romo.

On a side note, I do find it amusing how Carolina keep s getting beat by former Carolina players.

Jeff King w/ Arizona.
Julius Peppers w/ Bears
Jon Kasay w/ Saints.

Speaking of Kasay I'm not sure what the Panthers were thinking getting rid of him. They must've forgot he was the one who got them to the Super Bowl. Delhomme got them close, bit Kasay put them over the top. Though it could be argued hos field goal performance in the Superbowl lost them the title as well. Anyways, it was kind of fitting that they lost by a field goal. Kasay was the last original Panther, and as today shows, still has life in his legs.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,135,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
As frat as the numbers Cam puts up, the greatest numbers or "Ws" . I think he is the future, but right now, he is not impressing me with his clutch and red zone play. He fails when it counts the most. Reminds me of Tony Romo.

On a side note, I do find it amusing how Carolina keep s getting beat by former Carolina players.

Jeff King w/ Arizona.
Julius Peppers w/ Bears
Jon Kasay w/ Saints.

Speaking of Kasay I'm not sure what the Panthers were thinking getting rid of him. They must've forgot he was the one who got them to the Super Bowl. Delhomme got them close, bit Kasay put them over the top. Though it could be argued hos field goal performance in the Superbowl lost them the title as well. Anyways, it was kind of fitting that they lost by a field goal. Kasay was the last original Panther, and as today shows, still has life in his legs.
Tony Romo? If Andrew Luck has anything near the success Cam is having I will be suprised. Some of you aren't being realistic...fair weather fans who don't understand how long and hard it takes for winning teams to mature to that point...this ain't add Cam = Superbowl. Before this season is over, the Panthers are going to have some great moments...these things take time but some of you are disregarding the process. Scoring in the red zone, eliminating silly penalties and maximizing use of personnel is a process. This team was 2-14 last year and could barely get the ball across mid-field...how soon we forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte