U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 AM

218 posts, read 210,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Kolb isn't over rated.. he isn't even rated to be honest.

I don't think anyone ever said Kolb was the future of anything but he isn't a bum.

Now Cutler... that is an over rated QB.
I agree, Kolb is not the future of anything. Cutler is a good QB. I was hoping at the time that Oak would have a chance to get him but we didn't. I believe he could be one of the best if he have a good o-line to protect him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 AM

218 posts, read 210,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
The Panthers have covered the point spreads every single week. Maybe other teams have also done this, I don't know and frankly don't care.

The point is they are doing better than people with more money than you or I think they are doing/would be doing. Giving up 30 points every week needs to stop, but at least now we lose 30-27 instead of 34-7. There is a word for this: progress.

In the end their record is their record but this team is nothing like last years team.
I agree, Panthers is nowhere near a last year team. I am not a fan, but they are a home team and I would pay to go see them because of Cam. He is an exciting player, you just don't know what he can do. He will eventually win big games down the road.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:42 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,353,324 times
I know there is a difference this year because my boss isn't begging me or other employees to go to Carolina games. Last year they couldn't give tickets away.. this year they rarely offer them because they can actually whoo new clients with these tickets.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,068,324 times
I think the first moment I realized that Cam might actually be something was when he was drafted, he went out of his way to let everyone know that he was goingto do what it took to be a great QB, put in the work needed, and not just try to get by on his athletic ability. Before he was drafted, I firmly expected him to be the next Akili Smith, a 1 year wonder who would flame out within a few years, but in spite of the issues with his regarding his father and the stolen laptop, he came off after the draft as truly having a level of humility and it's served him well. Still, I never would have imagined he would be playing like a 3 year vet right out of the gate, nobody did.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I think the first moment I realized that Cam might actually be something was when he was drafted, he went out of his way to let everyone know that he was goingto do what it took to be a great QB, put in the work needed, and not just try to get by on his athletic ability. Before he was drafted, I firmly expected him to be the next Akili Smith, a 1 year wonder who would flame out within a few years, but in spite of the issues with his regarding his father and the stolen laptop, he came off after the draft as truly having a level of humility and it's served him well. Still, I never would have imagined he would be playing like a 3 year vet right out of the gate, nobody did.
Plenty of great players in the NFL had a few bumps along the way in college...

It only received this much attention because he was tearing it up at Auburn... if Auburn went 11-2 it wouldn't be front page news.

My issue with the experts who bashed Cam was most of their critique had nothing to do with his on field play..

I mean, right after he was drafted the guy from WFNZ said "Cam, I wasn't a fan of yours and didn't want the Panthers to draft you but now that you are a Panther I wish you the best"

Seriously? I don't think I have ever heard an interview like that 2 minutes after getting drafted... totally unprofessional but Cam handled it well: "You have a job to do, let me do my job and went on to say the cliche, I'm going to work hard etc lines"

Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM

5,116 posts, read 1,811,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
I agree, Kolb is not the future of anything. Cutler is a good QB. I was hoping at the time that Oak would have a chance to get him but we didn't. I believe he could be one of the best if he have a good o-line to protect him.
I'm in agreement that Cutler is more good than he is bad, but he is always running for his life. There's another well known QB that threw tons of ints under pressure late in the game...Culter just throws them all the time

It would be nice to see how good Cutler could be though, he throws as tight a spiral ball right now as anyone.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM

3,956 posts, read 2,505,253 times
As long as Mike Martz is the OC, Cutler will never show his true colors. Martz doesnt like to run the ball; Martz doesnt like to leave in extra blockers. Is Cutler a horrible QB? Who knows--he is always running for his life. Is Cutler a great QB? Well, again, he is always running for his life...

Here is all you need to know about the Bears: They let TE Greg Olson go, and signed WR Roy Williams.

No team deserves to win when you make such haphazard personnel moves.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Cutler doesn't have "it"

He had a decent offense in Denver but the D was awful. The guy throws too many INT's and hasn't learned how to take what the D gives.

Not sure why we are talking about him... it's Cam time!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:05 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,940,988 times
Another tough loss. Newton with 3 interceptions 0 TDs; 1 in the end zone. Ouch.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 PM

9,573 posts, read 8,860,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Another tough loss. Newton with 3 interceptions 0 TDs; 1 in the end zone. Ouch.
The only ouch is your inability to admit the panthers are better off with newton than not ...OUCH

You were wrong..admit it

This team is WATCHABLE now..last year...uhuh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte