U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM

2,524 posts, read 1,687,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
You're right, if Cam doesn't play damn near a perfect game, the team has no chance of winning...surely other QBs have thrown 1 or more INTs and won the game (including that other rookie "sensation" Dalton)...what does that tell you genious? ....strange, huh?...Fun fact: Dalton has thrown 1 or more INTs in 3 games and Bengals still won....imagine that.
Fun Fact that you might have missed: Dalton hasn't had 3 interception games like Newton, who had 2 of them. He also hasn't had 2 fumbles lost in a game either.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 07:06 PM

5,306 posts, read 3,979,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Fun Fact that you might have missed: Dalton hasn't had 3 interception games like Newton, who had 2 of them. He also hasn't had 2 fumbles lost in a game either.
Bengals have a great d..Dalton is not forced to carry the team...keep trying

Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM

2,107 posts, read 1,141,348 times
Quote:
Back tracking, huh....based on your intial analysis of the no TO equates to a victory....you're a joke. As I stated in the other thread, people are smarter than you....I know I am....LOL.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Bengals have a great d..Dalton is not forced to carry the team...keep trying
Newton is not forced to carry the team either. He has way better offensive options to work with. We have gone over this time and time again. Their defense is only averaging 0.4 TD/game; in other words, the offense has to put up points, which they have been doing.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Back tracking, huh....based on your intial analysis of the no TO equates to a victory....you're a joke. As I stated in the other thread, people are smarter than you....I know I am....LOL.
You said they will be a roll... let's see how that pans out by the end of season.

As for me, I am not backtracking. Only 1 Fumble this past week, the Panthers potentially win since the Vikings potentially have to fully drive the field for that same touchdown.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Newton is not forced to carry the team either. He has way better offensive options to work with. We have gone over this time and time again. Their defense is only averaging 0.4 TD/game; in other words, the offense has to put up points, which they have been doing.
You keep saying this is a great offense WHY????????

The offensive line is porous, the running game inadequate. Tight ends are AVERAGE...One wide receiver is phenomenal. Where are these great pieces?

I dont understand why you keep battling. Mistakes are being made sure..but Newton has proven himself as the best qb to run this team. Just give it up ... remember this team was supposed to be TERRIBLE. And they lost 2 key players on defense AFTER that. The fact they are competitive week in and week out is BECAUSE OF NEWTON. Stop battling for godsakes you sound like a fool..you really do.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You keep saying this is a great offense WHY????????

The offensive line is porous,
Kalil might be the best Center in the NFL. Yes, some spots on the line are questionable
Quote:
the running game inadequate.
Two season prior, these two both posted 1000+ yards a piece. These guys are not bad at all. They just aren't getting the touches. Against Washington they got a little love, but beyond that they really haven't. Coaching issue.

Quote:
Tight ends are AVERAGE
Average?!? Olsen is #4 in TDs, #9 in receptions for Tight Ends and he splits time with Shockey.

Quote:
...One wide receiver is phenomenal. Where are these great pieces?
Smitty is #1 in receiving yards. Easily Top 5 best receiver in the NFL. LaFell is better than he gets credit for. He is quick and is overlooked alot of the time i.e. him being wide open last game in a critical 4th down.

Quote:
Mistakes are being made sure..but Newton has proven himself as the best qb to run this team.
Sure he is the best guy on THIS team for the QB position. But look who backs him... Clausen who was run out (tons of mistakes last year) and Anderson who dived in Arizona (plenty of mistakes) last year. Like everyone stated, he was drafted as #1 for a reason and was given the starting spot on a silver plate.

Quote:
remember this team was supposed to be TERRIBLE.
This team was suppose to be improving in the W/L category. Like the other thread, I expected 5-6 wins and hoped for 7-8 wins.

Quote:
And they lost 2 key players on defense AFTER that.
They are meaniful no doubt but do realize both players played at Arizona, which ended in a loss. Again, Arizona only has that one win; the rest they have lost.

Quote:
The fact they are competitive week in and week out is BECAUSE OF NEWTON.
I am not denying what you said. He has been a big part of why they stay in games BUT he also has had costly turnovers which have helped result in Losses. As everyone mention here, these games are mostly lost by a single score.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Kalil might be the best Center in the NFL. Yes, some spots on the line are questionable

Two season prior, these two both posted 1000+ yards a piece. These guys are not bad at all. They just aren't getting the touches. Against Washington they got a little love, but beyond that they really haven't. Coaching issue.

Average?!? Olsen is #4 in TDs, #9 in receptions for Tight Ends and he splits time with Shockey.

Smitty is #1 in receiving yards. Easily Top 5 best receiver in the NFL. LaFell is better than he gets credit for. He is quick and is overlooked alot of the time i.e. him being wide open last game in a critical 4th down.

Sure he is the best guy on THIS team for the QB position. But look who backs him... Clausen who was run out (tons of mistakes last year) and Anderson who dived in Arizona (plenty of mistakes) last year. Like everyone stated, he was drafted as #1 for a reason and was given the starting spot on a silver plate.

This team was suppose to be improving in the W/L category. Like the other thread, I expected 5-6 wins and hoped for 7-8 wins.

They are meaniful no doubt but do realize both players played at Arizona, which ended in a loss. Again, Arizona only has that one win; the rest they have lost.

I am not denying what you said. He has been a big part of why they stay in games BUT he also has had costly turnovers which have helped result in Losses. As everyone mention here, these games are mostly lost by a single score.

Without him this offense is poor...sorry. Steve Smith was useless last year with another nameless qb, the running game WAS good 2 years ago. Yep good center..then what. Tight ends are decent but nothing special.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:05 PM

870 posts, read 498,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
When you mention the best you mention Marino... end of story.

Championships define greatness on ESPN and NFL Network top 10's but football fans define greatness by playing your heart out and giving your team the best chance to win.

You can't tell me Warren Moon wasn't great..
that Elway wasn't great until he got a running game...

That Jim Kelly isn't great because he lost 24 straight SB's...

SB's are nice and all but too many fans and analyst are stuck on SB's to define greatness...
OMG

You just don't get it. Every year 32 teams start training camp. They all have one goal. To get that ring. Its all that matters. Ask Marino or Kelly what the rather have stats or a ring, and they tell u give me that ring. Marino was very good I'll give you that, but if he had 2 rings he be the best ever. As it is, he isnt in most top 5's and even some top 10's.

I've never heard such a moronic definition of greatness in my life. I could give a rat's butt about playing your heart out. If you do that and you still lose and don't win championships. guess what it wasn't enough, and your not great.

Superbowls is what its all about. Its why the game is played.

Last edited by tread102; 10-31-2011 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-31-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
OMG

You just don't get it. Every year 32 teams start training camp. They all have one goal. To get that ring. Its all that matters. Ask Marino or Kelly what the rather have stats or a ring, and they tell u give me that ring. Marino was very good I'll give you that, but if he had 2 rings he be the best ever. As it is, he isnt in most top 5's and even some top 10's.

I've never heard such a moronic definition of greatness in my life. I could give a rat's butt about playing your heart out. If you do that and you still lose and don't win championships. guess what it wasn't enough, and your not great.

Superbowls is what its all about. Its why the game is played.

I guess Trent Dilfer was a better qb than Dan Marino..right? According to your logic it has to be....your logic is very flawed in a team game. That may apply in golf but not in a game where 40 people make it happen. A great qb cant play defense..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte