U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-21-2011, 12:58 PM

6,911 posts, read 3,263,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
His feet were never in question. It was his QB skills that were i.e. overthrows, turnovers, game management, etc. Good job he score 2 TDs... Is that what you wanted to hear?
It would be more genuine to include all of his TD's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Buffalo is 5-5 and allows 25.3 pts/game.
Oakland is 6-4 and allows 25.4 pts/game.
Buffalo was also 4-1 at one point... they are 1-4 the last 5 games.

I have no idea what those teams ppg allowed has to do with the Panthers winning.

Until the Panther D keeps a team under 25 points it makes zero sense to throw all the other stats out there.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 AM

1,991 posts, read 1,001,978 times
Quote:
Buffalo is 5-5 and allows 25.3 pts/game.
Oakland is 6-4 and allows 25.4 pts/game.

When you are up 27-14 at half, it isn't asking as much as you make it out to be, especially since the running game was pretty successful.

The bust tag for everyone disappeared Week 1 when he threw 400+ yards. The hype is there, even if you don't believe it.

Only time will tell.

Panthers fan know that even worse. Either way, both TB and NO have at least a ring; something that seems far from sight in the Panthers organization.

Excuses. As Aristotle pointed out, Detroit is a good passing defense. It's what they do. Knowing this and leading at half time, you would think they would rush more than throw to prevent TO. But they didn't... thus 3 inteceptions in the second half and 1 in the first half. As for the last statement, it isn't hate... it is being critical. I hear all the hype and I don't believe it. Plain and simple. When Cam can prove it with WINS, then I will admit he is better than just "good enough".
It's not hype but excitement, notice all of ESPN/talking heads haven't mentioned Cam in weeks and I watch Pardon Interruption/Around the Horn, etc. daily. If Cam were winning it'd be different but the defense is giving up 28.6 points/game. Sure, running the ball and short passes would've improved the Panthers chances but the defense had a royal melt down, not sure a team can overcome that because 35 points should've been more than enough for the W. I'm a very OBJECTIVE Panther's fan, and not about jump on any bandwagon, including Cams but he AIN'T the problem. You might have a problem with some of the "hype", excitement and other attention he received early ON but HE isn't the problem.

At times you have made some very valid points, but continuing to dismiss the fact that Cam is a rookie and Bradshaw, Peyton, Elway, Aikman etc struggled during their rookie campaign, pull up the stats! No means am I comparing or expecting Cam to have an elite QB career but give it a couple years, it's really how this thing works.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:18 AM

3,275 posts, read 3,692,695 times
66 pages of arguing with a troll? Let it go guys.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 AM

2,519 posts, read 1,574,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I'm a very OBJECTIVE Panther's fan, and not about jump on any bandwagon, including Cams but he AIN'T the problem. You might have a problem with some of the "hype", excitement and other attention he received early ON but HE isn't the problem.
Surprisingly I agree. The TEAM is the problem. It is a collective effort where all sides have caused the team to lose. Yes, his "hype" is why I am pretty critical of him.

Quote:
At times you have made some very valid points, but continuing to dismiss the fact that Cam is a rookie and Bradshaw, Peyton, Elway, Aikman etc struggled during their rookie campaign, pull up the stats! No means am I comparing or expecting Cam to have an elite QB career but give it a couple years, it's really how this thing works.
I realize he is a rookie. And like you I believe as time goes on, he will learn from the overthrows and the "rookie" mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
It would be more genuine to include all of his TD's...
Again, there hasn't been an issue with his "runningback" skills. He can be illusive and is big enough to take a hit/power through it. He is deceivingly quick. No one (even in the bust days) ever questioned that. He is already on his way to smash the most rushing TDs by a QB in a season record. He has 9 rushing touchdowns already and only needs to make it to 13 to take it, which is apparent at this point.

Going forward in order to be genuine, I will list those as well when mentioning game stats.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM

4,822 posts, read 5,188,706 times
Did Newton just throw his offensive line under the bus with these statements?

Honestly, I take more hits in the pocket than I do outside the pocket. In the pocket, I don't see who's coming. That can be more dangerous than when you're running you've got your eyes on a swivel, aware of your surroundings, Newton said today. If I'm running, I know this may sound kind of crazy, but I feel more comfortable with protecting myself rather than in the pocket and being defenseless.
Inside the Panthers: Cam Newton feels safer running than in the pocket

Old 11-25-2011, 01:23 AM

329 posts, read 286,727 times
Quote:
His feet were never in question. It was his QB skills that were i.e. overthrows, turnovers, game management, etc. Good job he score 2 TDs... Is that what you wanted to hear?
We give up the 2nd most points in the league (almost 30 on average).

Wouldn't you have more pressure on you knowing you have to score 30 (on average) to win the game, and lose with 35?

Considering how backed up against the wall he always is (in addition to running for his life), hes doing pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
If it quacks..its a duck. Its no secret our O line isn't that hot either.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

Honestly, I take more hits in the pocket than I do outside the pocket. In the pocket, I don't see who's coming. That can be more dangerous than when you're running you've got your eyes on a swivel, aware of your surroundings, Newton said today. If I'm running, I know this may sound kind of crazy, but I feel more comfortable with protecting myself rather than in the pocket and being defenseless.
Inside the Panthers: Cam Newton feels safer running than in the pocket
He didn't throw his OL under the bus...

The OL sucks but he isn't talking about that in this quote. He is talking about what makes him feel more comfortable and as a mobile QB being out in space and having the option to throw or run is what he prefers.

The OL does suck and I don't mind a QB who speaks up when the protection sucks.

I've seen Peyton call his OL out... I've seen Brady verbally abuse his OL...
both get pretty good protection.

As a Steeler fan I have seen Ben defend his OL time and time again and he has been sacked 40+ the last 5 years and has a broken thumb, foot, nose etc. Not throwing a bad OL under the bus is a huge mistake as a QB.

It's a game but it's also a job and when you don't do your job you need to be told about it IMO.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:29 PM

*peaks head in room*

win #3

Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 AM

842 posts, read 447,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
*peaks head in room*

win #3
It was a win but I think this win shows just how bad the panthers are. They won by a touchdown to the worst team in the league. I wish they would have lost. Even if they win out they won't make the playoffs. I'd rather have the high draft picks. I was hoping the panthers would lose out and be in the running for Luck. I think they could have gotten at least 3 number 1s for his rights, but like I said before I'm sure hurney would have screwed that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte