U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 03:16 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times

Advertisements

Another Cam thread that I can speak in

I will keep the football talk to the other one.

As for Character what hasn't been said. Kicked out of Florida for grand theft. Paid to play (i.e. more than scholorship) at Auburn by raising price by having competing schools i.e. Mississippi St, etc. Again, not even talking about football side of his Character.

Though at least he is showing up for community service in today's world so I have to give him credit for trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM

3,468 posts, read 3,153,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Another Cam thread that I can speak in

I will keep the football talk to the other one.

As for Character what hasn't been said. Kicked out of Florida for grand theft. Paid to play (i.e. more than scholorship) at Auburn by raising price by having competing schools i.e. Mississippi St, etc. Again, not even talking about football side of his Character.

Though at least he is showing up for community service in today's world so I have to give him credit for trying.
In the raspy voice of the late RR,"there you go again". No NCAA violations found. For all of these bible belt holier-than-thou forgive 70x7ers, don't waste your time next Sunday cause it's going into 1 ear and straight out the other.....just head straight to the bar.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Thanks for the sensible input. If it weren't for football, he would be on the chain gang probably.
LOL, nothing racial about that...it's shame because you don't even realize it.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:33 PM

763 posts, read 647,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Arm twist...Uncle.....
Ass kick....mercy!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Ass kick....mercy!
LOL, last year the rumor mill declared Jimmy Clausen an arrogant prick. I don't know him, but certainly wouldn't start a thread concerning rumors. Sure Cam made some mistakes, so has Jimmy Clausen, hell everybody but at what point do you let it go. Give him a chance, he's probably the opposite of what you think, let's hope so.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
In the raspy voice of the late RR,"there you go again". No NCAA violations found YET. For all of these bible belt holier-than-thou forgive 70x7ers, don't waste your time next Sunday cause it's going into 1 ear and straight out the other.....just head straight to the bar.
Better.

Fun Fact: Reggie Bush also didn't get paid to play when he won his title

Old 12-09-2011, 08:14 PM

1,475 posts, read 3,374,651 times
Cam is a good quarterback and obviously has a lot of potential. I hope he succeeds here and grows into a respectable player with good character. The people who say character doesn't matter....well, your words speak volumes about yours. One huge thing that sports, especially pro sports, is lacking these days is true, honorable character. Why so many classless players that take the game to a negative personal level? Suh as an example. There are many more like him. Hopefully Cam will stay away from that lifestyle. You can still be a hard-hitting, awesome FB player, along with great character...after all, your role goes far beyond the field. If you don't see the value in personal character and class in all facets of life, you are sad.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:09 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,862,971 times
I think Cam is great for the Panthers and very good for Charlotte sports/entertainment in general. I'm actually interested and watching all of their games this season. It's about time we have an athlete down here worth talking about. It's been a while.

I have no problem with him saying some of things about the team that I've heard him say. Certain players do appear to not be trying hard and many of the players and fans alike had come to accept losing as normal. Cam is used to winning and wants the Panthers to win as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Now if only we can get an NBA player of Cam's stature to come to the Bobcats for basketball.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
I think Cam is great for the Panthers and very good for Charlotte sports/entertainment in general. I'm actually interested and watching all of their games this season. It's about time we have an athlete down here worth talking about. It's been a while.

I have no problem with him saying some of things about the team that I've heard him say. Certain players do appear to not be trying hard and many of the players and fans alike had come to accept losing as normal. Cam is used to winning and wants the Panthers to win as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Now if only we can get an NBA player of Cam's stature to come to the Bobcats for basketball.
Shhhh, leaders expressing their desire to win and having fun doing it is a character flaw; and performing only 1 hour of community service, the nerve?

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 12-10-2011 at 05:55 AM..

Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Better.

Fun Fact: Reggie Bush also didn't get paid to play when he won his title
Fact: Auburn/Cam = No NCAA violations. Maybe you and Olly Stone subscribe to the grassy knoll theory ("back and to the left"), but thats why this great country his commissions, investigation committees and juries. Cam/Auburn = Not Guilty or No NCAA Violations. Reggie Bush=Guilty stripped of Heisman, USC wins vacated.

I can here Ronnie say it,"there you go again".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte