U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 AM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,223 times

Advertisements

We dont know the Panthers locker room...but as someone else said, exactly who are the leaders on this team? Better still, who were the leaders on this team last season? I think if the veterans had a serious problem with what Cam said, they would have said it. But, you know what? The truth hurts. It seems that what Cam said, seems to have been taken as the truth. Last season's Panthers were rudder-less. Now, if this year's team continued to have that same obvious lack of leadership, people would be criticizing Cam for NOT taking leadership of the team. Personally, some of the veterans on that team should have been looking at themselves and wondering why they didnt step up to the plate and become leaders. In addition, rookie or not, you do remember that Cam plays a position that traditionally must lead, right?

As for the hazing stuff, how do we know that Cam hasnt carried some shoulder pads at a practice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,374,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
That whole speech was sad. Does every musician you like have class and character? What about movie actors?

Spare me with the class and character requirements. It's football, I don't want Cam to raise my kids or date my sister, I need him to score TD's and keep me entertained for 3 hours.

Don't get mad at me kid. I gave my opinion. Sorry if you like garbage in sports. That's your opinion and level of taste. We agree to disagree. Period. And if you haven't noticed, I support Cam an hope he succeeds and becomes a great quarterback.

Last edited by PeytonC; 12-11-2011 at 11:32 AM..

Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,374,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Race has nothing to do with it, but a couple on here can't live without pulling the ole race card. Pathetic.

It's a sad but easy way to counteract any opinion other than their own, while holding presidents, athletes, actors, etc to a different standard based on their race. Not everyone does this, but the few that do, show their true colors and their credibility is flawed. True integrity requires substance. Some people simply lack both.

Last edited by PeytonC; 12-11-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 12-11-2011, 12:12 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,612,357 times
Man they look good today!!!!

Old 12-11-2011, 12:35 PM

763 posts, read 647,181 times
The commentators for the game discussed Newton's comments on the T.V. the other day. Funny that nobody was called a racist for bring up the topic or no moron questioned whether the comments would have been made if Newton had red hair. I guess only intelligent people can criticize or discuss such issues without always looking at skin color.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 PM

11,780 posts, read 9,386,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
The commentators for the game discussed Newton's comments on the T.V. the other day. Funny that nobody was called a racist for bring up the topic or no moron questioned whether the comments would have been made if Newton had red hair. I guess only intelligent people can criticize or discuss such issues without always looking at skin color.

Did any of them hope for his downfall to make him a "better" person or question his charity work? How many said he would be on the chain gang if he wasn't playing football?

You did more than question his recent TV interview, you questioned his character and good will. You aren't a victim, you instigated this with that opinion piece.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Did any of them hope for his downfall to make him a "better" person or question his charity work? How many said he would be on the chain gang if he wasn't playing football?

You did more than question his recent TV interview, you questioned his character and good will. You aren't a victim, you instigated this with that opinion piece.
Instigated? hehe. I simply made you cry with my opinion.

First, he was at a charity where all the workers had been there for a full day. He showed up for one hour to be interviewed and for a photo op. Bringing that up is racist?

Secondly, he was caught stealing a computer at college, he avoided proscecution because of his position with the football team. Again, pointing that out is racist?

It is people like you that excuse bad behavior with silly excuses like race that keeps many from prominance. You bring to mind the idiots that I remember during the Rodney King post trial days when he was looking at buying a home in my old home town. I remember silly liberal snowbirds w s in reference to the crime, "Oh who cares, it's OJ".

So, with you, it is O.K. if it's Newton. Sad.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:29 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Man they look good today!!!!
Minus the fourth when the offense couldn't score and the defense couldn't tackle. I guess that is how the Panthers continue to not adjust while their opponents do.

One rookie showed up... one Julio Jones... shaked a tackle and took it the distance to essentially end the game.

Newton 2:2 48.7%

In other QB news...
- Jake Locker entered the game and almost took his team to the win (final play NO covered extremely well). 1:0 and ran 1 TD in.
- TJ Yates clinched his team in the playoffs. 59.1% 2:1.
- AJ Dalton played Yates' team and lost by 1. 57.1% 1:0.

Last edited by ncopus99; 12-11-2011 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
It's a sad but easy way to counteract any opinion other than their own, while holding presidents, athletes, actors, etc to a different standard based on their race. Not everyone does this, but the few that do, show their true colors and their credibility is flawed. True integrity requires substance. Some people simply lack both.
Yea, but an idiot doesn' understand that. To them, being their sports hero trumps all else. They're like a child with a comic book idol.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:44 PM

11,780 posts, read 9,386,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
...and some people don't care about an athletes perceived "integrity" due to a stolen laptop and a father trying to get money for his sons athleticism.

If those 2 things are the worst Cam has done the criticism he receives is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte