Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Really? Given the amount of talent sitting on IR for the Panthers right now I'm pretty ecstatic at the moment. Not necessarily just because of the win today but the progress I've seen since last year.

I'm excited to see who the Panthers can get in the draft as well as maybe bring in a free agent or two to plug a few holes we got on defense. 2012 could definitely be very interesting.
Well, this season does kinda remind me of the 2002 season (we both know what happened the following year). Still though, it's just one win; it will take many more of these to get where most of us would like to see this team go.

I'm still surprised at how the D showed up in the 4th when it looked like Cam and the offense had lost their energy. Today (I think) the Panthers finally learned how to finish a game out. It still bothers me though that Cam has to be "perfect" (no INTs) in order for this team to win. I'd like to see this team pull one out when Cam isn't playing his best. To me, that will be the day that the Panthers have "arrived"; getting wins with or without a perfect Cam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 06:25 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,431,579 times
When Houston came back from half time coming back, I know all Panthers fans were going "Oh No Not Again"... This time the defense held when they really needed to i.e. the fourth. For that, the Defense really stepped up and won this game. 2 picks, 2 PDs, 2 sacks, 1 force fumble.

That trick play/busted play (not sure what it was) was really nice to see as well. Nice quality win.

Today around the NFL...
- KC downs GB (1st loss)
- Indy gets first win against Tenn (1st win)
- God's team lost to NE
Crazy day in the NFL.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:00 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,431,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
When Houston came back from half time coming back, I know all Panthers fans were going "Oh No Not Again"... This time the defense held when they really needed to i.e. the fourth. For that, the Defense really stepped up and won this game. 2 picks, 2 PDs, 2 sacks, 1 force fumble.

That trick play/busted play (not sure what it was) was really nice to see as well. Nice quality win.

Today around the NFL...
- KC downs GB (1st loss)
- God's team lost to NE
Crazy day in the NFL.
And the Chargers are putting it on the Ravens.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Quote:

Today around the NFL...
- KC downs GB (1st loss)
- God's team lost to NE
Crazy day in the NFL.
if that was a busted play I would love to see what the trick plays look like.

quick question... Can you explain all the odd wins the last few weeks? AZ beats Dallas and San Fran, Colts beat Tenn, SD spanks Baltimore, Chiefs stop GB... Carolina over Texans.

On any given sunday indeed!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 4,234,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

quick question... Can you explain all the odd wins the last few weeks? AZ beats Dallas and San Fran, Colts beat Tenn, SD spanks Baltimore, Chiefs stop GB... Carolina over Texans.

On any given sunday indeed!
Where's the stat dude?

Cam: 57%, QB rating: 105.2, 2:0
Yates: 63%, QB rating: 56.5, 0:2
Dalton: 57%, QB rating: 62.8, 0:1
Ponder: 45%, QB rating: 63.9, 2:1

Cams wins this week, defense stepped up, Cam lead a great 4th quarter drive to seal the deal....every week is tough in the NFL.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,431,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Where's the stat dude?

Cam: 57%, QB rating: 105.2, 2:0
Yates: 63%, QB rating: 56.5, 0:2
Dalton: 57%, QB rating: 62.8, 0:1
Ponder: 45%, QB rating: 63.9, 2:1

Cams wins this week, defense stepped up, Cam lead a great 4th quarter drive to seal the deal....every week is tough in the NFL.
I didn't bring up stats because the team won, which is the goal/hope I have for the team.

Want more stats?
NO 11-3 / Minn 2-12
Dalton +1 Win.

Newton in the fourth? Don't you mean Williams/Stewart... they are the ones who ran out the clock and scored in the fourth. The rest after halftime looked like this...
- 3 and out
- 7 plays and punt
- 3 and out
- 24 yard TD rush by Williams - great run at that. That drive mainly used Williams
- Run out the clock mainly by rushing Stewart and Williams

Outside a 13 yard rush by Newton and a good pass to Shockey, he really didn't do that much in the second half at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltDesigner
The announcers made a comment thinking it was a fumble turned into a run. This is why I used both phrases.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times
Quote:
The announcers made a comment thinking it was a fumble turned into a run. This is why I used both phrases.
Here's the play. It was clearly a planned play. Looks like a direct snap to Brockel, but it was actually a snap to Cam; then Cam handed it off to Brockel between Brockel's legs. It fooled Houston big time (and to be honest, it had me fooled too because I thought Cam was going to take a big sack on that play).

Carolina panthers trick play - YouTube

Old 12-19-2011, 09:56 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Quote:
I didn't bring up stats because the team won, which is the goal/hope I have for the team.

Want more stats?
NO 11-3 / Minn 2-12
Dalton +1 Win.

Newton in the fourth? Don't you mean Williams/Stewart... they are the ones who ran out the clock and scored in the fourth. The rest after halftime looked like this...
- 3 and out
- 7 plays and punt
- 3 and out
- 24 yard TD rush by Williams - great run at that. That drive mainly used Williams

Outside a 13 yard rush by Newton and a good pass to Shockey, he really didn't do that much in the second half at all.
Cam had a few scampers that avoided sacks and kept them in manageable 2nd and 3rd downs. He also moved the chains and kept the clock churning in the second half with a few runs. Cam didn't do that much in the second half because he didn't have to but he did enough to win.

Why didn't you break down Dalton's RB contributions in their win?

They were making sure Cam breaks the rookie PASSING record in front of the home crowd next week.

Cam looked great throwing the football this week against a very good passing defense. It feels even better because my Steelers have a chance to lock up the #1 seed due to this loss.

Cam is the man!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 4,234,705 times
Quote:

Want more stats?
NO 11-3 / Minn 2-12
Dalton +1 Win.

- 3 and out
- 7 plays and punt
- 3 and out

He had 2 TD throws, key 3rd down conversions in the 2nd half against the #1 rated defense in the NFL. Yep, he really did do much at all. The same team that beat Dalton and company in Cincinnatti a week ago. How many 3 and outs did Dalton have last week? Yes, we kicked their a$$, the same team that allowed Yates (2-game rook at the time) spank Dalton in their backyard.

The most impressive thing about Cam was the 2nd half decision-making, throw the ball away, take a sack, rely on the defense. He's learning...you don't need 200+ yard in the 2nd half or make the incredible play with a lead. Inevitably, most NFL teams are going to make a push, we scored 28 pts yesterday, more than enough to win a game.

Great game Cam!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,065,805 times
Quote:

Want more stats?
NO 11-3 / Minn 2-12
Dalton +1 Win.

- 3 and out
- 7 plays and punt
- 3 and out

Still at it? My god man are you ever gonna quit? Newton played a darn near perfect game yesterday and you still won't give credit. Yikes!! Give this man a life perserver...he is drowning in a sea of defending a prediction that was very wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte