Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 08:59 PM

3,861 posts, read 4,243,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Steve Smith: 2009 season = 982 yards, 7 TDs, 5.6 YAC (.3 off from this year)
Steve Smith: 2008 season = 1421 yards, 6 TDs, 5.6 YAC

Better numbers with Jake, a guy with similiar numbers to Moore...
2008 Jake = 59.4%, 15:12
2011 Matt = 60.5%, 16:9

Is this more "rocket science"?

Agree on the needs though they need a o-line (tackle/guard) over a RB. I would push that route after the two big needs on defense (which you listed).

I got pulled back in. I was going to leave it at rest until draft time to see if Carolina actually fills the true needs.

You want to go in on me yet I stated that weeks ago.

Never thought you would ever say anything bad about Cam But yes, coaching is part of the problem but players still got to play well either way, which they aren't.
Too simple for you to comprehend as usual (the reference to rocket science of course was way over your head)....we have our QB of the future so any moot comparison to has-beens is idiotic and fruitless. Matt Moore and Jake Delhomme ain't coming through that door, so shut up about it with those dumb a$$ stats. Luck didn't wanna play here, Andy plays for the Bengals, etc. You were WRONG about Cam, get over it!

You just proved my point, our QBs were awful last year thus Smiths subpar stats. I like Jake, he and SSmith had chemistry, very similar to Cam and SSmith but Jake is OLD yet extremely serviceable as a backup.

BTW, Cam 60%, 33:17 (w/rushing TDs included)...see, there all kinds of stats.

I think you should take the spring/summer off, you had a Turrible year with predictions....just God awful wrong, re-read some of your old post from this thread, best of luck in 2012.

I think Rivera and team are gonna go D-heavy in the draft, especially in the secondary department. Gettis will be back next year, so receiving corps will be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,438,715 times
The offense doesn't really worry me too much next season unless Chud leaves. Another lineman or two up front would be nice to plug in though for when Otah gets injured.

Defense needs a LOT of work/health.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,436,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Too simple for you to comprehend as usual (the reference to rocket science of course was way over your head)....we have our QB of the future so any moot comparison to has-beens is idiotic and fruitless. Matt Moore and Jake Delhomme ain't coming through that door, so shut up about it with those dumb a$$ stats. Luck didn't wanna play here, Andy plays for the Bengals, etc. You were WRONG about Cam, get over it!

You just proved my point, our QBs were awful last year thus Smiths subpar stats. I like Jake, he and SSmith had chemistry, very similar to Cam and SSmith but Jake is OLD yet extremely serviceable as a backup.
You brought up the stats. I just stated these guys still got their numbers when there was other threats/protection. 2008 saw Muhammed (i.e. second weapon to Smith). It also saw a decent offensive line who gave time to throw. And the beast known as Peppers on the other side of the field, who helped offense get on the field. Smith's downseason saw all this gone. It was Smith and one of the two runningbacks (due to injuries) with a depleted o-line. Matt Moore's yearly stats even prove this (high stats, terrible season, back to average/good stats). Again, just proving you wrong.

Of course Luck doesn't want to be here. Of course Andy plays for Cincy. Their record shows more wins and they are in the playoffs first year (no matter how they got in). I already admitted I was wrong about Cam. He still can run in the pros (the part I was wrong about). His accuracy still isn't that great. We will see if that improves next season.

Quote:
BTW, Cam 60%, 33:17 (w/rushing TDs included)...see, there all kinds of stats.
- 15th in passer rating (Matt Moore is #12)
- 18th in completion percentage (Matt Moore is #16)
- 6th in interception (Matt Moore is #24)

No doubt his runningback numbers are good. Never doubted them after GB loss.

Quote:
I think Rivera and team are gonna go D-heavy in the draft, especially in the secondary department. Gettis will be back next year, so receiving corps will be better.
We can hope.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times
BA pulls up Smith's stats from last year vs this year and you go back to 2008 and 2009? You got issues with reality.

Not sure what Matt Moore's stats in 12 games have to do with Cam's stats in 16 games.

Cam's "accuracy" is better then any rookie QB drafted #1 in NFL history. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 AM

3,861 posts, read 4,243,845 times
Quote:
You brought up the stats. I just stated these guys still got their numbers when there was other threats/protection. 2008 saw Muhammed (i.e. second weapon to Smith). It also saw a decent offensive line who gave time to throw. And the beast known as Peppers on the other side of the field, who helped offense get on the field. Smith's downseason saw all this gone. It was Smith and one of the two runningbacks (due to injuries) with a depleted o-line. Matt Moore's yearly stats even prove this (high stats, terrible season, back to average/good stats). Again, just proving you wrong.

Of course Luck doesn't want to be here. Of course Andy plays for Cincy. Their record shows more wins and they are in the playoffs first year (no matter how they got in). I already admitted I was wrong about Cam. He still can run in the pros (the part I was wrong about). His accuracy still isn't that great. We will see if that improves next season.

- 15th in passer rating (Matt Moore is #12)
- 18th in completion percentage (Matt Moore is #16)
- 6th in interception (Matt Moore is #24)

No doubt his runningback numbers are good. Never doubted them after GB loss.

We can hope.
Proving me wrong about what? Didn't bring up Matt Moore's stat (u did), who cares about Matt Moore? He is in Miami, been around the league for 5+ years..washed out in Carolina. Bellichick got fired by Cleveland, now with New England...I don't care what Matt Moore does now, wishing him the best but he washed out here!

Cam completed 60% of passes, Cam could improve on touch throws but he's rather accurate down the field, more accurate than Dalton plus Cam threw more passes.

Well Golly, Cam can run and throw....that rocks your world. Take the REST of the YEAR off....go back through and read those idoitic predictions in this thread...it's painful but the first STEP towards recovery.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Wonder if we can go ahead and cut Armanti and sign a real player to fill that roster spot? Experiment has to be over by now.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM

And Cam Newton is going to the Pro Bowl. Not too shabby for a Rookie QB on the worst team in the league from last season. Maybe he'll work out afterall. :eyeroll:

Linky

Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,436,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
And Cam Newton is going to the Pro Bowl. Not too shabby for a Rookie QB on the worst team in the league from last season. Maybe he'll work out afterall. :eyeroll:

Linky
You know Andy Dalton made that same Pro Bowl... Just saying. But congrats to Mr Newton, Steve Smith, and Ryan Kalil for making it.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times
Quote:
You know Andy Dalton made that same Pro Bowl... Just saying. But congrats to Mr Newton, Steve Smith, and Ryan Kalil for making it.
..and what does Andy Dalton have to do with the Panthers?

Move to Cincinnati already...

Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Must have been all those rookie QB records Andy broke......oh, wait.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte