U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM

246 posts, read 379,655 times

Advertisements

I'm excited. Who else is excited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM

113 posts, read 160,324 times
I don't know too much about him, but it does give me hope that this coming season will be better. It sure can't be much worse than the last one. Hopefully he can pump some new life into the Panthers.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM

551 posts, read 1,195,712 times
Some fans may have had this reaction:

YouTube - The Office- Michael Scott No God No

lol

Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,058,473 times
Well, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I suspect the whole world knew that the Panthers have had a QB problem for quite some time. We would be really hard pressed to do worse next season

Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM

412 posts, read 814,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
Some fans may have had this reaction:

YouTube - The Office- Michael Scott No God No

lol
That sums it up for me. Go Steelers now!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,634,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
I'm excited. Who else is excited?
Seems like a real coup for the Panthers, wonder if Cam's disappointed though? He is one incredibly talented young man - any team would be lucky to have him.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:33 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,687,630 times
I respectfully disagree. He is not an overwhelming #1 pick IMO. That was reserved for Andrew Luck (who was an OVERWHELMING #1 pick), but he went back into the draft. Jerry Richardson by his own admission "wants to put fans in the seats for his business partners.". IMO you do that by winning, not by picking the "flashiest" guy.

The Panthers were blinded by the "wow" factor...(big name). The prudent/smart thing to do would've been to trade the pick and get value (maybe (2 or 3) #1's/#2's. Even though I can't stand them, Look at a team like the Patriots and how they continually build their young talent. They don't get caught up in the hoopla and drink the kool-aid.

But heck, what do I know...maybe that's why the Panthers are what they are after all these years.....

We shall see over the next couple of years I guess...

Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 AM

214 posts, read 344,963 times
Let's see....great athlete, but not a great quarterback. Carolina needs a QB and they just picked up Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

Here's something about him...He was failing his classes at Florida, caught cheating at Florida, was arrested for purchasing a stolen laptop and then chunked it out of his dorm window when police came in to confiscate it, went to JUCO because he thought he should "transfer" (you think), did well in JUCO, went to Auburn, went to a total of 3 class periods during the fall semester, ran for alot of yards and threw for decent yardage in a gimmick spread offense that doesn't take snaps from under center and doesn't translate to the NFL. He's being investigated by the NCAA and FBI for pay-for-play. That about sums it up.

Yeah, I'd say he has a long way to go before he will be a serviceable NFL qb.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,578,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp1983 View Post
Here's something about him...He was failing his classes at Florida, caught cheating at Florida, was arrested for purchasing a stolen laptop and then chunked it out of his dorm window when police came in to confiscate it, went to JUCO because he thought he should "transfer" (you think), did well in JUCO, went to Auburn, went to a total of 3 class periods during the fall semester, ran for alot of yards and threw for decent yardage in a gimmick spread offense that doesn't take snaps from under center and doesn't translate to the NFL. He's being investigated by the NCAA and FBI for pay-for-play. That about sums it up.

I heard a little bit about some criminal history last night and figured "great, just what we need" another high profile bad boy. Time will tell how well he behaves. I don't care about his character on the field, it is what happens off the field that matters in life.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:32 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,938,029 times
Call it crazy.....Personally, I think the teams needs a litttle "thuggery" on the team..The team now consist of a bunch of talentless good guys.....Bad boys bring a little "spice", a little "flavor" to the team. Face it the team had grown stale......Richardson needs to quite playing it safe....and "walk the tightrope a bit...if anyone gets what I'm saying....Lets face it...everyone has skeletons in their closets...No one is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte