Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,845 times

Advertisements

We are renting in Cleveland County and trying to decide where to buy. We have children in elementary school but they are quickly approaching middle school. Schools are very important, but so is community and our house. I know i can find test scores and such online and I already looked at those, but test scores don't tell the whole story. We like the Kings Mountain school system, but are not finding much on the market to suit us. I like the size of Gastonia better and so much more housing inventory and better prices I think.

I really like the Crowders Mth Area, very pretty, but have heard west side Gaston schools are not as good. Does anyone have personal experience with these schools they would share. The job is in Kings Mountain so we need to stay near there.
Any info would be appreciated. Are there other resources besides Great Schools and NC Report Card for finding school information.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkv3boys View Post
We are renting in Cleveland County and trying to decide where to buy. We have children in elementary school but they are quickly approaching middle school. Schools are very important, but so is community and our house. I know i can find test scores and such online and I already looked at those, but test scores don't tell the whole story. We like the Kings Mountain school system, but are not finding much on the market to suit us. I like the size of Gastonia better and so much more housing inventory and better prices I think.

I really like the Crowders Mth Area, very pretty, but have heard west side Gaston schools are not as good. Does anyone have personal experience with these schools they would share. The job is in Kings Mountain so we need to stay near there.
Any info would be appreciated. Are there other resources besides Great Schools and NC Report Card for finding school information.

Thanks!!!
I live in Kings Mountain, too. I don't have kids in school, but know people who do. I have not heard anything bad about the intermediate school or the middle school. I've only heard good about the high school.

I know what you mean about the Crowders Mountain area in Gastonia. I know someone who lives there. I do know that it feeds to Huss.

On paper, Grier Middle school looks equal to Kings Mountain. I'm pretty sure that it feeds to Forestview.

There seems to be a little bit of everything on the market here. Sorry you aren't finding what you want. I'd go to the intermediate & the middle schools in Kings Mountain to check them out, then make an appointment & check Grier. That will give you an idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte