U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,281,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
#1 - Opportunity
#2 - Increase of population who are criminals
#3 - Unwillingness of DA to prosecute criminals
#4 - It's tough to catch. You have to be in the right spot at the right time
To this I would add the economy, which may be contributing to your #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 05:48 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,852,337 times
Haven't had any break-ins since I've been in Charlotte.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,382,620 times
It is not just in Charlotte but in Huntersville, Cornelius, etc. Spoke to a member of the force that said that people drive around to see if folks leave their cars unlocked especially in the driveway. He suggested flood lights and ways to deter people from coming near your house.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM

37 posts, read 74,100 times
Spoke to my neighbors last night. There was one other car that was broken into on my street that we know of.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,694,039 times
The thieves figure they aren't going to be caught and police records show it. If you want to prevent someone from entering your car at anytime all you need is to get a silent wireless motion detector (cost about 15 bucks from HF). It will solve your worries and surprise the thieves....Spend the 15 bucks and rest at night..I DID AND ITS WELL WORTH IT......who knows you may even be able to shoot one of them and get away with it.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,281,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The thieves figure they aren't going to be caught and police records show it. If you want to prevent someone from entering your car at anytime all you need is to get a silent wireless motion detector (cost about 15 bucks from HF). It will solve your worries and surprise the thieves....Spend the 15 bucks and rest at night..I DID AND ITS WELL WORTH IT......who knows you may even be able to shoot one of them and get away with it.
Once this wireless motion detector...detects...what happens?

I know you're joking about shooting someone outside your home and thinking you'll get away with it, right?

Right?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,694,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Once this wireless motion detector...detects...what happens?

I know you're joking about shooting someone outside your home and thinking you'll get away with it, right?

Right?

The wireless detector sends a signal to the unit beside your bed and it is plenty loud enough to wake you up. Then you can scare away the thieves before they steal anything. If it is placed in the right position it will wake you up as they get near the car.....They will not be able to come and go unnoticed which is the main advantage they have. You can only use deadly force to protect yourself .

Old 05-03-2011, 05:21 PM

700 posts, read 1,432,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I have to to jum pin here. Someone broke into my car last week (Monday) at a parking lot on N. Tryon - across the street from Day's Inn. They took 2 pairs of shoes (new - not cheap) I had in he trunk, a pair of sneakers, and an overnight bag that had my clothes. I assume this was a homeless a person or one of those shady characters arounf that homeless shelter. When I mentioned the homeless problem in uptown on THIS FORUM I was attacked.
They stole the bag with the clothes in it. I am sure that they were not after the clothes.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,382,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Haven't had any break-ins since I've been in Charlotte.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but if you google "car break-ins" in Charlotte much in that area comes up.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,436,080 times
Sorry but how dumb do you have to be to leave your wallet in your car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or