Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,805,219 times

Advertisements

LIFESTYLE, LIFESTYLE, LIFESTYLE,....For me personally Charlotte lacks the lifestyle that I want.....No palm trees, no boardwalk with a bike path, or rollerskaters along with various restaurants. There's nothing better than sipping your coffee at dawn and watching the sun come up and tide roll in. Yes...I's speaking of California....Yeah, I know the cost of living sucks..but would not trade the experience for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,368,314 times
You'd have to keep swiveling your head east and west to see both the sun come up and the tide roll in in CA, wouldn't you? Sounds tiring.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 PM

66 posts, read 122,894 times
Now I do not intend to be rude but, exactly why is westcoastbabe living here rather than her beloved southern california? Also, I have read Chicagocubs' comments on these pages for months and, he is always negative about Charlotte in any discussion. We get it that you do not care for Charlotte although you say that you do when pressed into a corner.IfI were you, I would not remain miserable here in charlotte. I would move back to Chicago. By the way, I think that I read somewhere that Chicago is the most segregated city in the country. So, I guess Chicago has its faults. Also, according to the latest US Census, the Charlotte MSA over the last decade was the 4th fastest growing metro in the US among metros over 1 million people. It appears that Charlotte is doing something right.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
LIFESTYLE, LIFESTYLE, LIFESTYLE,....For me personally Charlotte lacks the lifestyle that I want.....No palm trees, no boardwalk with a bike path, or rollerskaters along with various restaurants. There's nothing better than sipping your coffee at dawn and watching the sun come up and tide roll in. Yes...I's speaking of California....Yeah, I know the cost of living sucks..but would not trade the experience for nothing.
What happened to Arizona? LMAO!!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,653,414 times
One thing I want to point out, is if you'd like things to change in Charlotte, you have to support what matches your vision NOW, even if it's not quite all you'd like it to be.

Want a "real" city market? Go to Atherton Mill Market and support the farmers and others there; it can only grow if folks support it. Chat with the manager; her vision is that it turns into a full-time, year-round market. But it won't spring from the ground fully-formed; it takes time & support.

Want more walkable spaces? Support the walkable areas we DO have - NoDa, Plaza-Midwood, Dilworth. The more those draw people, the more will be made. It might seem to defeat the purpose to drive to a walkable area - but the more people that go there, the more city planners will see that's what people want.

Support the Greenway (http://www.charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/publicserviceandinformation/pages/littlesugarcreekgreenwaystreamrestoration.aspx - broken link) by using it, and joining the group that's raising funds to expand it.

You CAN be the change you want to see! That's not just an over-quoted phrase, there is truth there.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,451,988 times
CharlotteGal great post, I agree 100%!

When I was a kid I hated to hear my parents say "Do something" when I complained about being bored but it taught me a life lesson that I still do to this day. I can honestly say I am never bored. I sincerely don't understand how others lives/situations are so boring. That is not meant to be a slam towards anyone here.

I've said on other threads, Charlotte may not have A, B or C that you want but why not explore E, F or G. Perhaps H, I or J is more your thing. Who knows what else is out there (K - Z) that you might enjoy. You are so focused on the lack of A, B and C you never discovered them.

Boredom is an internal feeling, which may or may not be caused by a lack of external stimulation. Some psychologist believe there is a strong correlation between boredom and frustration and anger. Many *(not all)* posters that say the Charlotte area is boring have also talked about feeling stuck here or frustrated with their current life and/or relationships. "Bored" is an easy label for general dissatisfaction.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:24 PM

9 posts, read 11,674 times
I love Charlotte- great people, four distinct seasons, wonderful restaurants. If you're bored in Charlotte, you'll be bored wherever you go. Life is what you make of it.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 AM

7,075 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Myrtle Beach has the same thing and is VERY affordable.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
I find Charlotte to be a clean efficient place.Decent policies and growth patterns.Pro Business.Pro Family.But I honestly find it lacking any passion or heart.People will attack me and say I hate Charlotte but its just not the case.I want Charlotte to be better than it is.Charlotte is like San Diego without the beaches and natural beauty.What is San Diego known for other than that?
I cant say that Charlotte is doing the wrong things,because they are not.Its just that sometimes when you are busy changing everything about you,you forget who you are and what you look like.Thats Charlotte "problem".Not a bad one to have but it is there.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,950,025 times
For me its just a place I hang my hat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte