U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:52 PM

34 posts, read 139,409 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to get some insight on how the market in charlotte will affect my personal investments. I currently own a condo near uptown and am buying a house near southpark. After looking into all the condo's and highrises being built uptown and near southpark I am wondering the affect it will have on my investments. I am hoping to rent out the condo to keep it a little longer since the market is not so hot right now. Will all these new condos uptown hurt me when trying to sell in a year or two? I am a little outside of 277 on Randolph Rd so my demographic might not be the city-slicker, however I want to appeal to everyone. On another note, do you think everyone moving to the city will want to live in a condo forever or will the home be valuable as a resale in 2 years? I have read up on this a lot but thought you all might have some great insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,768,275 times
From what I read recently (and I cannot remember the source) Charlotte's condo/townhome market is actually the best in the country due to the demographics. I do not think you will have a problem selling it, especially if you know some nurses, doctor's, or other hcp's that want to be close to work.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 PM

68 posts, read 217,731 times
HOLD onto your condo!

The market is too saturated right now to sell. Let the demand catch up... I think if you are planning to hold for two years do so.

Houses around the Southpark area are a great investment. While some argue that the market is established, Barclay Downs, Beverly Woods are amidst a dynamic change. I also suggest holding that house as well.

Just my $.02

Somebody may say otherwise, but this is my personal market knowledge & the knowledge of my colleagues in the real estate biz.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

68 posts, read 217,731 times
One more thing-

Uptown and South Park are two of the best locations in Charlotte. The outward development will not affect the overall desirability to be in these areas, so the demand will continue to increase in my opinion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or