Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 14,242 times

Advertisements

I know there's been a lot of discussion on churches on this forum, but I haven't found much of anything about these specific areas. We live in Mt. Holly (almost closer to Stanley) but we are willing to go into Huntersville if need be.

We are looking for a Protestant Church that has a good sized congregation of all ages. My husband and I are in our 20s so a good mix of people is good. We would really prefer a church that has both traditional and contemporary elements to their worship styles. We aren't that keen on mega churches that only play contemporary music. Ideally, we'd love to find a church family.

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmoney1 View Post
I know there's been a lot of discussion on churches on this forum, but I haven't found much of anything about these specific areas. We live in Mt. Holly (almost closer to Stanley) but we are willing to go into Huntersville if need be.

We are looking for a Protestant Church that has a good sized congregation of all ages. My husband and I are in our 20s so a good mix of people is good. We would really prefer a church that has both traditional and contemporary elements to their worship styles. We aren't that keen on mega churches that only play contemporary music. Ideally, we'd love to find a church family.

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!
I would like to dovetail this topic - my wife and I are looking for a Methodist church in the Huntersville/Cornelius/Davidson area. Same general specifications as the original poster above.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:16 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmoney1 View Post
We are looking for a Protestant Church that has a good sized congregation of all ages.
Do you have some specific denomination(s) in mind?

Old 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM

9 posts, read 14,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Do you have some specific denomination(s) in mind?
We're open to Methodist, Presbyterian, or Baptist.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,360,441 times
Here are two methodist Churches one in Hunterville and the other in Mount Holly

Huntersville United Methodist Church serving the University Area, Huntersville, Highland Creek, Cornelius, Davidson and Lake Norman areas

Assurance UMC: Home - Assurance United Methodist Church - Huntersville, NC

The one I attend is in Mint Hill maybe out of your way.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM

689 posts, read 1,656,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
I would like to dovetail this topic - my wife and I are looking for a Methodist church in the Huntersville/Cornelius/Davidson area. Same general specifications as the original poster above.
My parents go to Davidson United Methodist Church and love it. It is a larger church, but has something for everyone. It is a traditional church with a traditional service, but the minister is good. He has been there several years, but my parents say that he is planning on retiring there.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
I hear wonderful things about the Methodist Church in Davidson as we have friends that go there. They rave about the Minister and say it is the place to be on Sunday.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM

58 posts, read 145,621 times
We absolutely love Assurance UMC! We looked and visited others for a long time before visiting Assurance. It is full of youth and families and a vitality you rarely find in churches any more. I can't say enough about our church home.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Mosaic Church meets in Huntersville at N. Mecklenburg HS. (right off 485) It is non-denominational. You might just like the "difference"... Lots of people in your age group there...

Mosaic Church / Home / Home

Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 AM

371 posts, read 1,101,613 times
We're joining Huntersville United Methodist in a few weeks! We've been attending there for awhile, and LOVE it! We're in our 30s and have an infant son. Multiple services with something for everyone. Minister is in his 2nd year there and is staying this year (Bishop decides who goes where). Hope to see you there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte