U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM

12 posts, read 34,252 times

Advertisements

We are relocating in the next month to Charlotte and will be looking to move somewhere on the south side of town. Any suggestions on neighborhoods.

We are looking for either new or fairly new housing and somewhere in the 2-250K range.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,221,122 times
Beds, baths, square footage, neighborhood amenities

Come on' you know the drill

Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM

153 posts, read 423,612 times
What other things are important to you, schools, amenities, etc, this will help me guide you.

Matthews Grove and Langston are two that would fit your price range with good schools....

Old 08-02-2007, 03:15 PM

48 posts, read 169,514 times
were lookin for a sm town typ atmosphere and i'm havin a hard time finding some newspapers with classifieds and such.....you know ..i'm lookin for the houses bein rented out but not through a real estate co...can any one help?...My hubbie is gettin transfered out there by charotte......we have a fam of 4 children 2 adults.......
I need a life savor!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flozone View Post
We are relocating in the next month to Charlotte and will be looking to move somewhere on the south side of town. Any suggestions on neighborhoods.

We are looking for either new or fairly new housing and somewhere in the 2-250K range.

Thanks
Also, if you are planning on moving in one month you would be A LOT better off hiring a realtor immediately - you can spend way to much time on your own trying to figure things out.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove5055 View Post
were lookin for a sm town typ atmosphere and i'm havin a hard time finding some newspapers with classifieds and such.....you know ..i'm lookin for the houses bein rented out but not through a real estate co...can any one help?...My hubbie is gettin transfered out there by charotte......we have a fam of 4 children 2 adults.......
I need a life savor!!!!!!!
To help you we need more information...WHERE exactly will your husband be working? And how much can you afford?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 PM

12 posts, read 34,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Beds, baths, square footage, neighborhood amenities

Come on' you know the drill

AT least 3 beds, 2 baths. Sqq footage and schools are not an issue....no kids.

Would love to have a neighborhood pool or workout facility. If not, then close proximity to a gym.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:21 PM

48 posts, read 169,514 times
really any where in a 30 mile radius from the center of charlotte.....were tryin to stay away from subdivisions........we can afford...... max......1,000.00...mo
See right now were in a subdivision and payin 1,200.00 mo 4bdr 2 1/2 bath

Old 08-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flozone View Post

Thanks
Try neighborhoods like Thornblade:
Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Weddington Ridge:
Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Greenbriar:

Matthews Groove:

Sardis Forest:

Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove5055 View Post
really any where in a 30 mile radius from the center of charlotte.....were tryin to stay away from subdivisions........we can afford...... max......1,000.00...mo
See right now were in a subdivision and payin 1,200.00 mo 4bdr 2 1/2 bath
In that price range you can't afford to live in Charlotte safely anyway (to rent a house big enough for 4 kids). You should be looking in other outlying communities/cities like Gastonia, Monroe, Rock Hill and Concord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or