Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,531 times

Advertisements

I'm with Joaniec, I'm from NJ, housing market is slow. I got an offer in 5 days. My realtor wanted to list it for more then we did. We put it on the market at a very, very fair price of 409k sold for 400k in 5 days. The other homes in my neighborhood have been on for 6 months to a year. Before putting it on the market ,I staged the house and my husband did any repairs needed. We wanted people to be able to walk in and not have to do anything, We decorated tastefully and very neutral. I know we may have been able to get more but with the market the way it is we needed to get the attention of the buyer the first week it was on the market. And as it turned out the first weekend was very busy almost had multiple offers but after that only a couple of people came by. People are now asking me for help with staging their houses. No one can believe my house sold so quickly, not even our realtor. We could not wait to sell, my husband already started a job down in Gastonia and my children were going to be heartbroken if they had to spend another moment without their daddy.
Good luck to all of you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM

429 posts, read 730,245 times
berryjuice4life, I have found your post to be most informative and appreciate you taking the time to share those opinions. Don't let one person "get to you". The forum is for everyone to voice their ideas, suggestions and OPINIONS in hopes of helping the person who posted the questions. You're doing a great job! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
veritgo inducing sentences u know brian I must tell you that it really shows who you are by always personally attacking me it amazes me that you are still here...Im 39 yrs old and dont need to play these childish games, because obviously you are a child...I NEVER PERSONALLY attack you so I would appriciate it if u would you just keep your opinions to yourself for once...anyone else who wants to PERSONALLY attack me and my character especially those who dont me in real life, and as long as everyone is entilted to their opinion...and If my personal experiences can help someone than that is thier choice not yours...Im going to leave it at that, before I say something that gets me banned...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threesons View Post
I AGREE-MOVE ON. People cant hold on to a price that was in the past because that is what it is - the past! And it is so true you get less but you pay less on the other end.
I see the incentives they are giving in my development now & we freak but reality is if I sold my house in Long Island now I would get a bit less. Only thing is we were in a very desireable neighborhood and the prices are still strong there.
We got lucky and sold our home in Rockville, Md. 6 days after listing it. We took only $5,ooo less than we "wanted" and about $20,000 more than we expected. That was in September and there are still some of the homes we competed with listed now. Go Figure........

Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnsonRE View Post
berryjuice4life, I have found your post to be most informative and appreciate you taking the time to share those opinions. Don't let one person "get to you". The forum is for everyone to voice their ideas, suggestions and OPINIONS in hopes of helping the person who posted the questions. You're doing a great job! Thank you!
B'juice, I agree. Your posts are always interesting and informative to me . Stay out of isle 3, it is probably very crowded anyway.......

Old 03-02-2008, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 11,266 times
This may sound stupid, but what is FSBO?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:01 PM

51 posts, read 154,795 times
FSBO = For Sale By Owner

Old 03-03-2008, 11:36 AM

124 posts, read 583,014 times
Hi - we had our house on FSBO from June - October of last year. Agree w/earlier comments - waste of time. Put it on w/a realtor at the end of the October and have dropped the price by 25K just last month. We live in Sussex County NJ and the market is extremely slow and the number of homes on the market is astronomical. It's definetely a buyers market up here. Our contract w/our realtor ends in April and we will extend for another six months in the hope that the market will pick up enough in the spring that we'll get an offer. It's a tough market for sure but I will remain optimistic that we'll sell....eventually.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:52 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,970 times
[quote=KennysMom;3016146]Hi - we had our house on FSBO from June - October of last year. Agree w/earlier comments - waste of time. Put it on w/a realtor at the end of the October and have dropped the price by 25K just last month. We live in Sussex County NJ and the market is extremely slow and the number of homes on the market is astronomical. It's definetely a buyers market up here. Our contract w/our realtor ends in April and we will extend for another six months in the hope that the market will pick up enough in the spring that we'll get an offer. It's a tough market for sure but I will remain optimistic that we'll sell....eventually.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Here on the West Coast of FL. in my county of Hernando there are over 4,000 homes for sale and approx 2,000 in foreclosure, the value of my home has dropped 17 percent, and last week in property transfers in the paper there were 9 homes sold in Jan, 2008. BTW, I'm also from Sussex Cty......Vernon NJ
I've been in touch with a realtor from Conway and he can't believe that there are so many homes for sale here, people want out of here, taxes, HOI and other little annoyances, but the market is nearly dead right now, I'm hoping to come to Charoltte in May to look around, I only know one thing I have to get out of swampland before I go buggers.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:26 PM

116 posts, read 418,068 times
We are in southern California near Malibu. In our price range ($1,000,000-2,000,000) there are not that many homes for sale in our area. In fact very little. But the buyers are waiting for great deals. Owners are not putting their homes for sale if they don't have to. We just started 3 weeks ago and had only 3 showings. It's buyer's market for sure and it's very slow.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
(((hugs))) to you guys as I do appriciate it...I think there was a spill on Asile 3...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte