Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM

241 posts, read 891,436 times

Advertisements

We hope to be moving to Hunter Oaks midschool year this year. I understand that Rae View is the new school that will cover this subdivision. I was wondering if the school has after school care? If not, where do people send their kids if they need daycare? How much? Does the bus pick up/drop off from Hunter Oaks? What about to the daycare site if there's no onsite daycare? Thanks for your help as always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 AM

47 posts, read 217,823 times
I am not sure about the day care but the buses pick up and drop off in many different places. My children had no problems with the buses this year. I'm sure you'll have no worries on that issue. Good luck with the day care

Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
Hey Dam...good decison..lol...anyway you can go onto their website which is amazing...here are 2 links for you..

reaview.ucps.k12.nc.us/

hope this helps...feel free to contact the school as they are really nice and very helpful..there should be info on the left hand side for parents or something regarding after school care...

good luck

Old 08-03-2007, 03:09 PM

9 posts, read 50,053 times
We live in Hunter Oaks and my kids will be going to Rea View Elementary. We had been going to Marvin Elementary. The Siskey YMCA located at the Hemby Center has an afterschool program. They pick up from the school and then you would pick up your kids at the Hemby Center which is off Providence Road. We belong to the YMCA so our fees have run $210/month. It is a little higher if you are not a member. What I like about it is there are planned inside and outside activities, its like camp. There is also a homework room. The School will also have afterschool available. There are several other daycares that pick up as well, but I can't remember their names, the school will have that info.

If you are interested in an all brick home in Hunters Oak on a cul de sac, mine will be going on the market, we are building a custom home and will need to close on our home in November.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 AM

241 posts, read 891,436 times
I would love an all brick home, but my pocketbook would not love me for buying one. We missed out on the soaring California market so we're going in as new buyers. We are in the process of making an offer on a home right now. I am excited, but it's very, very nerve wracking (or is it racking?). The YMCA generally has a waiting list for their camps don't they?

Old 08-04-2007, 11:36 AM

810 posts, read 2,291,354 times
Default new custom home

cabinbound,
Just wondering where will you be building if you don't mind me asking. Will it be in The Marvin area? What subdivision? We are coming down from NJ. Have done alot of research for Union County. Our home is on the market and we may have an offer this week(keeping our fingers crossed). We have been to Charlotte several times over the last months. We really like the Marvin side and Weddington. We are looking at the Chimneys for new and also Lake Forest Preserve. Keeping our eyes open at resales in Hunter Oaks and the Reserve. Thanks for any input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinbound View Post
We live in Hunter Oaks and my kids will be going to Rea View Elementary. We had been going to Marvin Elementary. The Siskey YMCA located at the Hemby Center has an afterschool program. They pick up from the school and then you would pick up your kids at the Hemby Center which is off Providence Road. We belong to the YMCA so our fees have run $210/month. It is a little higher if you are not a member. What I like about it is there are planned inside and outside activities, its like camp. There is also a homework room. The School will also have afterschool available. There are several other daycares that pick up as well, but I can't remember their names, the school will have that info.

If you are interested in an all brick home in Hunters Oak on a cul de sac, mine will be going on the market, we are building a custom home and will need to close on our home in November.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM

9 posts, read 50,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrgm View Post
cabinbound,
Just wondering where will you be building if you don't mind me asking. Will it be in The Marvin area? What subdivision? We are coming down from NJ. Have done alot of research for Union County. Our home is on the market and we may have an offer this week(keeping our fingers crossed). We have been to Charlotte several times over the last months. We really like the Marvin side and Weddington. We are looking at the Chimneys for new and also Lake Forest Preserve. Keeping our eyes open at resales in Hunter Oaks and the Reserve. Thanks for any input.
Congratulations on your upcoming offer, hope everything goes as you hope. Our new house which is under construction is actually semi-custom (its big and expensive and it makes me feel better when I say custom) on the backside of Cureton - MI Renaissance. We love Hunter Oaks and our current home, its 3400 sq. ft., but needed bigger because of an inlaw that will be moving in. The Marvin-Weddington area is fantastic, I am in Real Estate and there are a bunch of Realtors who live in the area. We bought when it was country out there and now the city has come to us. My son wouldn't let us buy anywhere other than the Marvin Ridge Middle School district, he is playing football for the 8th grade team. You can't go wrong anywhere in the area, the growth will continue. We will probably be putting our home on the market later this month with closing in November.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:43 PM

34 posts, read 124,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaranicole View Post
I would love an all brick home, but my pocketbook would not love me for buying one. We missed out on the soaring California market so we're going in as new buyers. We are in the process of making an offer on a home right now. I am excited, but it's very, very nerve wracking (or is it racking?). The YMCA generally has a waiting list for their camps don't they?

The YMCA program is an excellent program. Here is the Link for you.

YMCA of Greater Charlotte

Old 08-04-2007, 05:12 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,485,846 times
You may have a hard time getting your kids into any program mid-year. I was told that they fill up quickly. Maybe someone knows more about this? My kids will be going to the schools after school program since I get a huge discount on it.

Dawn

Old 08-04-2007, 07:04 PM

810 posts, read 2,291,354 times
Default Thanks, Cabinbound

Thank you for your information. hope to be in Charlotte soon if everything goes as planned. We were hoping to have our 7 year old in school at the start of the season but it probably won't happen. Good luck with your sale and new home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinbound View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming offer, hope everything goes as you hope. Our new house which is under construction is actually semi-custom (its big and expensive and it makes me feel better when I say custom) on the backside of Cureton - MI Renaissance. We love Hunter Oaks and our current home, its 3400 sq. ft., but needed bigger because of an inlaw that will be moving in. The Marvin-Weddington area is fantastic, I am in Real Estate and there are a bunch of Realtors who live in the area. We bought when it was country out there and now the city has come to us. My son wouldn't let us buy anywhere other than the Marvin Ridge Middle School district, he is playing football for the 8th grade team. You can't go wrong anywhere in the area, the growth will continue. We will probably be putting our home on the market later this month with closing in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: