U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:22 AM

123 posts, read 245,910 times

Advertisements

Is it the Terrace Cafe actually? I could not find anything called the Park Terrace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyart View Post
We really liked the Park Terrace in South Park on Piedmont Row. Great food, intimate and does not break the pocketbook. You can look them up on Charlotte City search with great ratings. They ALS have a fabulous brunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 12:57 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,465,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
If you're willing to venture out in Charlotte a bit, I'd suggest the Fig Tree www.charlottefigtree.com | It's a locally owned, chef run restaurant that is out of this world.
I would second this suggestion. We have dined there several times. We have gone there for a few special occasion dinners (wife's birthday, V-Day). Probably one of the best, upscale restaurants in town. Plus they make it point on their wine list of reducing the markup on more expensive bottles of wine, so a nice bottle is likely to cost less than other places.

Zebra in Southpark would also be another suggestion (Zebra Restaurant Charlotte North Carolina).

Or if you really want to do something top-of-the-ladder, you could do a dinner at McNinch House (Fine Dining Restaurants, seven course Dinners, Romantic Restaurants, McNinch House Restaurant, Charlotte, NC) - very pricey and, to be honest, I think I prefer the food at Fig Tree, but we went there once with another couple for their anniversary dinner and if you want to do a nice dinner out that is an "event", and out of the usual, the experience of dinner there will make that happen.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:42 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,060,654 times
Here's the "Move". If you make a reservation at the Fig Tree (Which I suggest) ask to speak to the chef or his wife (who is the hostess). Tell them why you're coming and what your wife's favorite dish or food is and see if there's anything special they can do. They will go out of their way to do something for you, or prepare a special dessert.

Try that at McCormick and Schmicks

Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,975,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Here's the "Move". If you make a reservation at the Fig Tree (Which I suggest) ask to speak to the chef or his wife (who is the hostess). Tell them why you're coming and what your wife's favorite dish or food is and see if there's anything special they can do. They will go out of their way to do something for you, or prepare a special dessert.

Try that at McCormick and Schmicks
I have actually been here and it is outrageously expensive to be in a tacky house. Food was nothing great either, the bill was well over $400 for 3 people.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:28 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,916,809 times
We will be celebrating a very special anniversary ( >10) in August. We might go up to the Shelton Vineyard, go for a wine tasting and tour and have dinner at the Harvest Grill, on premise, and then stay at the nearby Hampton Inn. Should be fun, romantic, and much less expensive than a trip to the French wine country.... or even Napa for that matter.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:44 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,060,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
I have actually been here and it is outrageously expensive to be in a tacky house. Food was nothing great either, the bill was well over $400 for 3 people.
Try taming down what you drink. I go with my wife and get out for about $100 and we don't drink anything but tea.

The house was built in 1913 and is historic. Tacky? I guess that's a matter of opinion. IMO the Olive Garden is "tacky"

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,465,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Friday's is "tacky"...Fig Tree is quite low-key and classy. I also think its relatively inexpensive for an upscale restaurant with high-quality food; I have found dinner bills here to be less than bills we have racked up at places like The Palm or Capital Grille (and the food is better).

Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 AM

716 posts, read 1,908,491 times
Did the Fig Tree used to be a different restaurant (like 10+ years ago?)

Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 AM

123 posts, read 245,910 times
Went to Upstream and it was fantastic! Highly recommend it!!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 AM

92 posts, read 201,948 times
Try the Pewter Rose in Charlotte. Really good food, drinks and ambiance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or