U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 10:34 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,796,097 times

Advertisements

Presented without comment.

Love at first sight, NASCAR style: The couple who got married at the race track in the world¿s most redneck wedding | Mail Online

(Well, I will say this. I am happy for the couple. This article isn't fair to them including the prominent shot of the NC Confederate flag by the Daily Mail.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 11:08 AM

22,012 posts, read 27,305,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Presented without comment.

Love at first sight, NASCAR style: The couple who got married at the race track in the world¿s most redneck wedding | Mail Online

(Well, I will say this. I am happy for the couple. This article isn't fair to them including the prominent shot of the NC Confederate flag by the Daily Mail.)
What a silly article. Lets see, Dover International promotes doing weddings on their website, although they say that due to demand they can no longer accommodate weddings on race weekends. Dover International Speedway - The Monster Mile® (http://www.doverspeedway.com/track/faqs.php#q23 - broken link)

All of the sports venues in Philly have been doing weddings for years. (The Phillies will even provide the Phanatic, if you want him at the wedding.)

So, really, by the standards of the writer of that article, Charlotte ain't got nuthin' on Philly, as far as rednecks.

I hope that the couple gets a location worked out & has a wonderful life.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,146,267 times
I guess that would qualify as redneck. The most hick wedding I have ever seen was two people who got married on horses at the county fairgrounds. God bless them though.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,156,934 times
Well...they ARE rednecks, and it WAS a redneck wedding. I don't see anything wrong with them telling it like it is.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,725,129 times
Many people dont seem to know that MANY white people find the term "redneck" as offensive as many black folks find the "N" word offensive. Please dont use these racially derogatory words,,thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 AM

716 posts, read 1,361,047 times
and I wonder why people make fun of me for moving here

Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,156,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Many people dont seem to know that MANY white people find the term "redneck" as offensive as many black folks find the "N" word offensive. Please dont use these racially derogatory words,,thanks
Most rednecks I know are proud of the title. Speak for yourself.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:44 AM

22,012 posts, read 27,305,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Well...they ARE rednecks, and it WAS a redneck wedding. I don't see anything wrong with them telling it like it is.
Ehh. . is it so different from this?

YouTube - ‪Philadelphia's Ben Franklin & Betsy Ross Wedding‬‏

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,658,219 times
World's most redneck wedding? Hardly, CMT's show My Big Redneck Wedding has shown much worse.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:11 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,796,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Well...they ARE rednecks, .... I don't see anything wrong with them telling it like it is.
If it is your opinion these people are rednecks, that is fine, you are entitled to it. (I disagree with pre-judging people in this manner, I won't argue with your right to do so.)

However that article was nothing but a hit job on Charlotte's people and they cowardly hid behind the wedding as an excuse to get away with it. How many NC Confederate flags are being flown in this city? Sorry but a lot of people do consider the term "redneck" an offensive and racist term and the paper should know better than to take an otherwise happy event and write an article like this. There was no reason for it. Whether there are proud rednecks is irrelevant to the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or