Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:52 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
I have to agree, I've been to a few events uptown and the people I saw there were scary. I was thinking about going to the fireworks show, but EVERYONE in my company told me to avoid it. It's a shame, but the thugs have taken over.
I mentioned Detroit above, and people probably thought I was crazy - but a similar thing just happened there - although more on a larger scale.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/detro...ituations.html

If people don't start stepping up, this is where we'll be in a few years. Or sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Looks like 500 Black Men will be walking around July 4th uptown to show what good behavior looks like... *shaking my head*

How about this... Police actually do their jobs and courts beef up their efforts in order to book these clowns...

City leaders act to keep July 4 peaceful

Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Looks like 500 Black Men will be walking around July 4th uptown to show what good behavior looks like... *shaking my head*
I think that is a good thing. It's about time the black community stands up against all the problems their youth are causing.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Absolutely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I think that is a good thing. It's about time the black community stands up against all the problems their youth are causing.
Far as I can see, that means 500 black men who are trying to be a part of the solution, and NOT add to the problem...is there anything REALLY wrong with people taking a stand and saying 'enough...here's an example of how to do it the RIGHT way'?...doesn't matter if it's 500 black men, 500 white men, or 500 men on unicycles wearing stovepipe hats and fake beards (it's late in the day y'all...forgive my corniness LOL)

Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
if they have to have this many officers and volunteers to control thugs and gangs, then this is too much risk for me.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 AM

359 posts, read 591,491 times
I'm working 12 hours today, so no.

I wouldn't even if I had the day off.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:26 AM

515 posts, read 1,036,366 times
I wonder if the DNC knows they are coming to thunderdome....

Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
The amount of fear on here is hilarious.... the news channels have put the fear of God in you guys.

I didn't make it to Speed Week this year but every other event I've been to downtown was family friendly. The scariest thing I witness when I'm Uptown is bad fashion and aggressive mother thuggers pushing baby strollers through the crowds... and most of these mother thuggers are suburban soccer moms with the big strollers and oversized kids who are big enough to walk.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 AM

564 posts, read 1,453,511 times
I basically do not see the fear as being hilarious. My wife and I frequent nice restaurants and it is a shame that we tend not to patronize the restaurants uptown do to the thugs. A couple weeks ago we went to Blumenthal's and Dinner at Capital Grille. I could not Valet at Capital Grille since we were doing something after dinner. We walked from a parking deck to the restaurant and must say we were very uncomfortable. As we were walking there was a group of individuals leaning and sitting on a wall. As we walked by they made very crude remarks about my wife. As I turned my wife grabbed my arm and said to keep walking. If there was one I would have decked him and kicked his **s. but considering that it would have turned into 5 on 1 with no telling how many weapons we kept walking. This is not the first time this has happened to me and other friends. My wife is very attractive and I will not put her or myself in this situation again. It is a shame not to enjoy uptown without these kinds of incidents. Call it fear or whatever you want. Fact is it happens all the time up there and we cannot have 300 to 400 cops patrolling up town every weekend. Move the transit center out of center city and see what happens then. I bet everything calms down and respectable people can enjoy themselves.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
I think most of the teens were at home shooting off firecrackers. Maybe Labor Day is the next true test?

Last edited by CharlotteCharlotte; 07-06-2011 at 10:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte