Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 AM

5 posts, read 14,516 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a Singles Again group in the Charlotte, NC area. I've checked at a couple of churches and there just isn't anything established. Most singles groups in this area seem to be for people who are in their 20's. Why is that? I need to find a group for people between the ages of 35 - 50 years old. Anybody know of one? Anyone want to help me start one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:47 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
I don't know about strictly singles groups, but I belong to a group called Meetup that is an "umbrella" for a lot of smaller groups - including one called "Adventures After 40". There is also the Go Social group, which is a mix of all ages and types of events. There are a couple hundred different groups - even if you don't find a "singles" group you can find plenty to do and at least make some new friends!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:01 AM

5 posts, read 14,516 times
Default Single Again

Elle, Can you tell how to find Meetup? Is there a schedule of events or a phone number?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 AM

973 posts, read 3,303,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLooking View Post
Elle, Can you tell how to find Meetup? Is there a schedule of events or a phone number?
Use the Internet to get off the Internet! - Meetup.com

Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 AM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLooking View Post
Gizmo provided the link, but I'll add a little info. You will need to sign up, which is free. Once you do that then you'll need to "Find a Meetup Group near you". This will allow you to enter your city and state and will then bring up a list of the "special interest" groups in the area. You then select which ones you want to belong to. The "sub " groups each have their own calendar of events. Some groups are set to "Private" and you will need to join the group in order to see their events. Some require a picture - almost all of the "singles" type and general social groups do. There is no phone number as these groups are usually started and/or run by individuals but have a number of people posting events. The coordinators for some events will provide their phone for that event only in case of questions.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:52 AM

29 posts, read 73,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
There are a bunch for charlotte on meetup. There is also one for Lake Norman which some people in charlotte use.

Also check local chapters for myspace and facebook

Old 10-24-2008, 10:42 AM

117 posts, read 597,301 times
Default Contact Number

I organize the Go Social Club - we are open to singles and couples although the majority of our group is single. You have to join to see our calendar but it is free. Here's my number if you want to call me with any questions - 704.564.2005.

Kim
http://www.GoSocialClub.com (hosted on Meetup.com)

Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,762 times
Default Re:Singles Again Group

The inviting and creative atmosphere sparks lots of conversation. You have a chance to really get to know everyone in the group, share your opinions and learn from others.

----------------------------
hennry
Internet Dating

Old 06-19-2011, 07:07 AM

4 posts, read 6,700 times
would there be any singles in the 'over 50' age group? I would love to have some social outlets but not necessarily w/ a 'mostly 30's never been married group'.....

Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM

533 posts, read 1,833,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrhaas View Post
would there be any singles in the 'over 50' age group? I would love to have some social outlets but not necessarily w/ a 'mostly 30's never been married group'.....
If you go to meetup.com and search, you can see for yourself. You do not have to join to search. I bet you will find a couple groups to meet your needs! You could also try joining groups based on your interests so you can meet others who have similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte