U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 08:38 PM

101 posts, read 208,190 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are looking to buy a sofa and recliner from Value City Furniture.I have been seeing a lot of bad reviews online about the customer service and the quality of the furniture and it has been bothering me a lot.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the store and the furniture bought there.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 AM

2,954 posts, read 5,424,809 times
I personally have not purchased Value City furniture. I'm jut a frugal shopper that looks for the best deal for my money - and sometimes buying low quality furniture is not the best deal. We did look at bedroom sets at VC and found one set I really liked, but we haven't taken the plunge to purchase from any store yet.

I will say that the new Furniture Row (near IKEA) may be worth taking a look for quality vs price. The grand opening sale they had put many nice, higher quality items in the same price range as Value City.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 AM

379 posts, read 594,108 times
I bought my 3 seater sofa for pretty cheap from Ashely Furniture almost a year ago. No problem with it so far... check them out if you haven't yet.

We did checkout VCF as well, but were unimpressed by the attention we received from their sales folks.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM

3,342 posts, read 8,099,128 times
VCF & rooms to go have fairly comparable furniture, do not expect it to be still around 50 years from now.
Having said that if you think you will be tired of your furntiure 10 years from now then go for it.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 AM

183 posts, read 293,684 times
I have bought several pieces of furniture from VCF. The furniture itself- I have no problem with.

The customer service, on the other hand... I purchased a platform bed (with drawers in the bedframe) and there was a problem with the order and it took me nearly a month to get the drawers to go in the bedframe. Very frustrating and at that point I told myself I'd never buy from them again.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 AM

183 posts, read 293,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
I personally have not purchased Value City furniture. I'm jut a frugal shopper that looks for the best deal for my money - and sometimes buying low quality furniture is not the best deal. We did look at bedroom sets at VC and found one set I really liked, but we haven't taken the plunge to purchase from any store yet.

I will say that the new Furniture Row (near IKEA) may be worth taking a look for quality vs price. The grand opening sale they had put many nice, higher quality items in the same price range as Value City.

Furniture Row is good. Just bought a dining room table set from there and the salesperson (Jeffrey Brown) was great and very helpful. Ask for him if you're in the the section that sells the dining room furniture/bedroom furniture. Locked in an item with their layaway program and when we finally paid it off- they delivered it 2 days later. Very happy.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:09 AM

716 posts, read 1,238,850 times
I bought my furniture from Value City on South Blvd. and never had any issues with the company or the furniture. The furniture is very sturdy and has held up rather well. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM

18,094 posts, read 22,020,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhivya View Post
Hi,

We are looking to buy a sofa and recliner from Value City Furniture.I have been seeing a lot of bad reviews online about the customer service and the quality of the furniture and it has been bothering me a lot.

Does anyone have any personal experience with the store and the furniture bought there.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks
Go check out Biggerstaff in Gastonia on West Franklin. Biggerstaff has good prices on nice furniture. They are currently in 2 small buildings on West Franklin. 2 days ago I drove past & saw a nicer, bigger building that said that they are moving into it. Then I went past the current Biggerstaff buildings & saw a huge moving sale sign.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:35 PM

2,351 posts, read 3,594,794 times
We bought a sofa from VCF years ago - we wanted something we'd feel OK about the kids actually using, and not treating like a museum piece. It wasn't the best quality - it was stiff to sit on at first, and one of the seams split after just a few months - but for what we were looking for, it worked great! I'm trying to remember, I think it lasted a good 9 years with kids jumping on it, spills, kittens, etc. Definitely got our money's worth!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,160,660 times
I went to the one on Route 74 on the Mathews/Charlotte border. I got a mattress there and i was pleased with the sales person, and how it was handled. It got delivered very fast and I had no issues. A year later, the mattress is great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte