U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 17,683 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm new to the area and I'm seeking an ob-gyn that will accept medicaid for pregnant women. I haven't been approved yet but its coming soon and I know I will get it because I was laid off from my job. I need to get to a dr asap...any suggestions/referrals on doctors in Charlotte who will see me....Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,756,392 times
Oh boy.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 AM

984 posts, read 1,254,871 times
Wouldn't Medicaid provide a list of their approved doctors? you can get a list of the doctors in the area from their website and call them.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 17,683 times
I tried searching for a list and I even called DSS but the recording said they had a high volume of calls to call back later or tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:52 AM

246 posts, read 358,119 times
Call doctors in your area and ask them directly ...

Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,963,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Oh boy.
Seriously?? Pregnant people arent allowed to get laid off? What alternative would make you happy?

OP: I would start with Eastover OB. They have several offices in Charlotte, and if they are not currently accepting Medicaid, they should be able to refer you to a practice that is.

- Eastover OB/GYN

Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM

3,200 posts, read 6,060,004 times
Found this article, thought it might be helpful.

Quote:
What do the Medicaid Benefits for pregnant women include?

Similar to other health care assistance programs, Medicaid does not pay monetary benefits directly to covered participants. Certain health care providers and health care facilities have a contract with Medicaid to treat those who are covered by Medicaid insurance. When receiving Medicaid benefits, you should be given a list of medical providers who accept Medicaid, or given a website to look for a provider in your area. As long as you receive care from a Medicaid provider, your health care costs will be submitted through Medicaid and will be covered. (In accordance with certain Medicaid regulations and guidelines.)

Pregnant women are covered for all care related to the pregnancy, delivery and any complications that may occur during pregnancy and up to 60 days postpartum.

Additionally, pregnant women also may qualify for care that was received for their pregnancy before they applied and received Medicaid. Some states call this “Presumptive Eligibility” and it was put in place so that all women would start necessary prenatal care as early in pregnancy as possible. Talk with your local office to find out if you qualify for presumptive eligibility.

Pregnant women are usually given priority in determining Medicaid eligibility. Most offices try to qualify a pregnant woman within about 2-4 weeks. If you need medical treatment before then, talk with your local office about a temporary card.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 PM

2,112 posts, read 4,733,188 times
Select doctors that meet your criteria then give their offices a call and inquire if they accept Medicaid.

Best wishes to you -

Sara

Old 06-09-2011, 08:35 PM

1,671 posts, read 4,194,631 times
Here's a link for a great OBGYN:
Arboretum Obstetrics & Gynecology

I don't know if they accept medicaid, check their list out. It does not hurt to call any office directly to inquire.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM

148 posts, read 177,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmama View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to the area and I'm seeking an ob-gyn that will accept medicaid for pregnant women. I haven't been approved yet but its coming soon and I know I will get it because I was laid off from my job. I need to get to a dr asap...any suggestions/referrals on doctors in Charlotte who will see me....Thanks in advance!
If you were honestly laid off from your job, then you should be eligible for COBRA benefits. Being laid off from a job doesn't automatically qualify you for Medicaid. And if you have an emergency situation, as though you are making it sound, then you can go to any emergency room, and they can't turn you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte