U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM

53 posts, read 208,458 times

Advertisements

After a couple months of checking out apartments and applying to jobs, I'm finally visiting Charlotte this week for a 2 night, 3 day stay! I have 2 interviews lined up and am going to be spending the rest of my time looking for apartments. Just wanted to express how excited I am and hopefully I come back with an offer AND an apartment (wishful thinking..)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 AM

70 posts, read 122,197 times
Best of luck to you on the job and apartment prospects! Where are you looking to live?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM

59 posts, read 438,433 times
Default Coming from MD

Hello,
I really like Charlotte and I am from Queens. It not too slow paced either, I have been to the V lounge and the Breakfast Club in Uptown Charlotte and I had a ball. I originally came to open up a salon there and I fell in love. My partner has a salon there, if you know anyone who wants Microbraids, Locs, all braid styles go over tro Monroe Road to a salon called Braids By Jackie, she just opened up and her rates are awesome!! 4820 Monroe Road. Also have you applied to Bell South? Theya re hiring there. Good Luck.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:33 PM

I'm going to look in the uptown area I believe. I've done a ton of researching on apartments.com and rent.com and have narrowed it down to several apartment complexes I'm interested in.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm back from a successful trip to Charlotte.. and let me just say, IT'S BEAUTIFUL! My hotel was the Marriott Renaissance at South Park and the surrounding area seemed so upscale and pretty! My parents and I couldn't get over the gorgeous homes for such low prices (much cheaper than Maryland). The uptown area was beautiful too, we ate lunch there Friday afternoon and my mom just kept commenting how clean and well-kept everything was.

The good news is I signed a lease! I'm moving to Eastover Ridge September 24th! Can't wait to call myself a resident of Charlotte!
(BTW, does anyone know what that area of town is? The leasing agent said Eastover but I've never heard of that area.. it's 3 miles from uptown, 4 from South Park).

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 PM

120 posts, read 332,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgirlMovingSouth View Post
I'm back from a successful trip to Charlotte.. and let me just say, IT'S BEAUTIFUL! My hotel was the Marriott Renaissance at South Park and the surrounding area seemed so upscale and pretty! My parents and I couldn't get over the gorgeous homes for such low prices (much cheaper than Maryland). The uptown area was beautiful too, we ate lunch there Friday afternoon and my mom just kept commenting how clean and well-kept everything was.

The good news is I signed a lease! I'm moving to Eastover Ridge September 24th! Can't wait to call myself a resident of Charlotte!
(BTW, does anyone know what that area of town is? The leasing agent said Eastover but I've never heard of that area.. it's 3 miles from uptown, 4 from South Park).

MDgirlMovingSouth - I am just so excited for you. I can feel your positive energy. I, too, am just soooo excited about getting myself down to Charlotte next week to check out things and to explore and check out how beautiful everything is. Please keep us updated once you get down there. Have you figured out how you're going to move with using a mover or a Uhaul?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM

29 posts, read 88,944 times
MDGirl,

Glad you liked it so much! The area of town you are in is indeed called Eastover. It is one of the more coveted areas, actually, from from a Realty standpoint. If you want to know what else you are near, you are just slightly NNE of Myers Park. You are a short distance from Elizabeth and Chantilly. Also, Cherry, Colonial Heights, Midtown, and the CPCC main campus are a short distance in toward uptown from you.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Thanks ABBiek for the location guidance, and it's nice to know I'm in a desirable area! I will definitely keep everyone informed with how my transition from Maryland to Charlotte goes- luckily I'm living with a good friend from college, so I will be avoiding any roommate nightmares.

RobbBrown, my place isn't furnished and I have no furniture because I lived in furnished apartments all through college. I'm planning on taking my bed from home and maybe a chest of drawers, but I think I'll probably be hitting up Value City for my living room and kitchen. I'm thinking we're probably going to take a cargo van down- my mom recently read reviews of UHauls being dangerous in terms of not keeping up with maintenance, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or