Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 5,212 times

Advertisements

What are some good suburbs to look at in terms of renting in this area? We are relocating this summer and my husbands work is in south east Charlotte. Schools are my number 1 concern. We have a daughter going into 1st and a son going into PreK, who has Aspergers. All of my family lives in Lincoln County, but im guessing with traffic that commute would be too long am i right?
Im so excited to get back to NC!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,871,988 times
If you left early enough in the morning it probably wouldn't be too traffic filled.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie1012 View Post
What are some good suburbs to look at in terms of renting in this area? We are relocating this summer and my husbands work is in south east Charlotte. Schools are my number 1 concern. We have a daughter going into 1st and a son going into PreK, who has Aspergers. All of my family lives in Lincoln County, but im guessing with traffic that commute would be too long am i right?
Im so excited to get back to NC!!

I would strongly encourage you to live near your family in Lincoln County. The commute for your husband to southeast Charlotte would be against traffic, so not too bad

Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would strongly encourage you to live near your family in Lincoln County. The commute for your husband to southeast Charlotte would be against traffic, so not too bad
well thats good to know..right now in NJ his commute is only 15mins, so thats going to be a change for him. Is there any reason you advise going to Lincoln county?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,495,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie1012 View Post
well thats good to know..right now in NJ his commute is only 15mins, so thats going to be a change for him. Is there any reason you advise going to Lincoln county?
Family support, it's a nice place with good schools and will be easier to find a rental at a more affordable price. Sometimes getting into a neighbhorhood assigned to the better schools in Charlotte can be pricey What's your rental budget?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Family support, it's a nice place with good schools and will be easier to find a rental at a more affordable price. Sometimes getting into a neighbhorhood assigned to the better schools in Charlotte can be pricey What's your rental budget?
makes sense! thank you...rental budget is around $1100 maybe more if the place is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: