U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:27 PM

240 posts, read 926,907 times

Advertisements

Plantation shutters are pretty expensive. We had a bunch of them installed in our home through a private dealer/installer, and if I remember correctly, they fell somewhere in the $200-$300 range per window, installed, depending on the size of the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,161,768 times
Default Verticals

I'm wondering are there places other than Home Depot, like Budget Blinds
or places that sell vertical blinds or custom treatments? I have had several problems with Home Depot and I would want someone to come to the house and measure and install. When I did my home in FL 14 windows with premium
verticals cost me $1,000 installed and I had a garantee that if anything went wrong they would come back and fix. I'm also lousey when it comes to measuring windows.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
Lowes will come out and measure I think they charge around $39

Home depot may come and measure never asked.

Lowes charges around $12 a blind to install, home depot was around $5 a foot which worked out slightly higher than Lowes.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM

240 posts, read 926,907 times
I used a place called Best Blinds of Charlotte (not sure if you can post links to vendors on this forum, but google that phrase to find their site). The prices were comparable to Lowe's and Home Depot, and the installers were very good. The owner, Craig, has a bunch of sample books that he can show you. He's a nice guy and very easy to work with.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Emy

113 posts, read 360,346 times
We have a 3500 sq ft house. We put 2 inch blinds on 27 windows and cellular blinds on our two master bathroom windows. We used 5th avenue interior creations. They came to us we didn't have to go to a showroom or anything. They measured, ordered, came out and installed everything, cleaned up their mess and were all around great. We paid around $1900 for the whole process. I have several friends in our neighborhood that bought blinds at Home Depot and put them up themselves. They have all said that they spent close to what we did, only we didn't have to do any of the work. We did check with several other companies before going with 5th AVenue, but they seemed to be all around the best product for the lowest price. One more thing, everything comes with a full lifetime warranty.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
amp amp started this thread

519 posts, read 1,337,444 times
Thanks for the info! When we did our blinds here, we used Blinds to Go, does anyone have any experience using them there? Are they comparable in cost and quality?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 62,758 times
If you are in the surrounding Charlotte area and are in need to blinds, shades, shutters or a custom closet organization system...call Creative Window Coverings. They are professional and have very competitive prices with manufacturers lifetime warranty. They have a website as well. [url=http://www.cwcsouth.com]Creative Window Coverings, Charlotte, North Carolina[/url]

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,457,079 times
We used Monroe Blinds. 16 windows plus one full-length door with windows top to bottom - 2 inch, faux wood. They came out, brought all of the samples, measured, then came back to install them about a week later. It was around $900. Every blind fit perfectly. I have no problem recommending them. If anyone wants their phone number, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,163,873 times
Lowe's will install an entire house full of blinds for only $118. The initial cost to measure your windows is $35, but this fee is reimbursed if you decide to order blinds and have them installed through Lowe's.
If you use the Levolor blinds (faux wood or real wood) that Lowe's has in stock, they will cut them to size (width only) and have an installer come to your home to install them properly.
Lowe's stock blinds are the most cost-effective way to cover your windows with blinds, IMO.
In addition, the quality, price and warranty that they offer is really hard to beat.
Hope this helps.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,258 times
Holy old thread revival..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte