Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM

22 posts, read 91,657 times

Advertisements

Bexley Commons at Rosedale

I coming out to see this community in a couple weeks, but I just wanted to see if anyone local has an opinion on it.

It rated very well on apartment review sites, and it has an excellent pet policy and the rental rates are reasonable.

What I wonder about is the local crime, the commute to downtown Charlotte, how close it is to shops/restaurants entertainment (is it some place we could walk to?). If anyone takes public transportation from the area, how is that? How does it compare to driving?

Are there other places about as far away from downtown Charlotte I should consider and are comparitable?

Thanks for any help
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 AM

415 posts, read 1,150,371 times
The apartment complex is just behind Rosedale Shopping Center, which has numerous restaurants, coffee shop, a drug store, supermarket(s), etc. so you're definitely well-located for things within walking distance.

There is an express bus from Huntersville to Charlotte with a park and ride that is just across I-77 from the complex.

Speaking of I-77 - you'd be right at the interchange of Exit 23. I think the apartments are a little ways down, so you'd probably not get too much noise from the interstate. The commute to/from Charlotte is about as good as you'll get in that area - I-77 begins to drop from 4 lanes on a side to 3 lanes on a side right before Exit 23. After exit 23 it drops to 2 lanes on a side and is a parking lot during rush hour, so you'd be avoiding the worst of the I-77 jam.

Overall its a pretty good location.
I don't think crime is that bad there.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 PM

22 posts, read 91,657 times
Thank you very much

Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 PM

300 posts, read 763,485 times
Smile Bexley apts. at Rosedale

My husband and I lived there 3 years ago. We relocated from florida.

I liked it for the location. since I do not drive. 2 supermarkets mcdonalds, couple of pizza places , coffee, restauarants and etc.

the girls in the rental office were nice. Sarah took care of us. the parking is tight there. it surrounds townhomes there too. the park and ride is close by u probably would have to drive there. but there is community bus that u can take from the the supermarket plaza .they don't start until 7 15am. to the park and ride.

We own a house now. we still live near by and shop rosedale shopping center there. as far as crime in the apt. I have not lived there for about 3 years . but have not heard any crime there locally. A earth fare grocery store is going to open across the street. plus a hospital is across the street. that area has been built up the last 4 years since we relocated.

We like the area very much. quite convienent to I-77 to catch exit 23 to uptown charlotte. about 25 minutes depending on traffic. good choice.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:13 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,908 times
We lived there for a few months while our house was being built and liked it just fine. Also look into Redcliffe at Kenton Place. My friend is the property manager there and I like it a little better then Bexley. Good luck with your move. I think you will really like the area.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:52 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,109 times
I live next door at Colonial Grand Huntersville. Another property that you'd probably like as well, though a little pricey.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:37 PM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,138 times
It's a great boutique area that you don't hear much about. It's close enough to Charlotte to make it an easy commute but far enough away so it doesn't have any of the problems. In addition to what was mentioned above, there is a greenway under construction which will allow biking and walking throughout much of the West side of Huntersville. It will connect to Rosedale and the Apt. complex mentioned in the OP.

There is no crime. You won't be afraid to walk outside at night.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,769 times
Any opinions on Fairways at Birkdale? I have a friend who is moving there soon and I'm finding recent reviews on rude people at the pool and noise complaints?

For Bexley at Rosedale, do you hear I-77 from there? It seems so very close to the interstate...

Old 06-21-2011, 08:37 PM

300 posts, read 763,485 times
Default interstate noise

I lived in bexley a few years ago. there is a section of bexley apts that u do hear the interstate. our apt was located on the opposite . think it was on cordial street section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte