U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:58 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverlilly03 View Post
Thank you so much, this is exactly the kind of info we are needing. We do not want to be directly in Charlotte....just close enough for him to go to work. Our children are our top priority. Don't want to end up moving to the wrong side of town accidentally because we aren't familiar with any of the towns.

Basically, in your price range it can be very difficult to find a house where the best schools are.

Therefore, I suggest an apartment. One of the nicest complexes around with 3 bedrooms units is in Concord, Tower Place Apts. This gets you in a nice area with good schools. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM

105 posts, read 168,195 times
Our family is moving to Huntersville in August- husband is transferring for work. We only had 2 days to visit the area, but we checked out Cornelius and Davidson as well. Huntersville just felt more right for us...I also hear Mooresville is a great area, good schools as well. Good luck to you and your family.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:04 AM

487 posts, read 656,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverlilly03 View Post
What is everyone's opinion of Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and Providence areas?
Cornelius, Davidson and Huntersville are the top areas north of Charlotte in Mecklenburg. Great schools and neighborhoods. You will see lots of trees and activities.

What you will find is that people tend to not venture from their areas. Meaning I live in Huntersville and rarely venture to South Charlotte and they are the same.

Elementary schools - I highly recommend Torrence Creek in Huntersville the best school in my opinion public or private.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,243 times
I live in Mooresville and LOVE it! Although, as someone posted earlier, it may be a bit more than 20 minutes from Charlotte due to traffic. With that being said, I can navigate around the Charlotte area with ease if I time my trips appropriately. We are practically neighbors with Davidson which is fabulous BUT Davidson is part of Char-Meck school system which in my opinion is not desirable. We are part of MGSD and it is great. We have talked about moving in the future but always say we will have to stay within this district if and when we do move.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:11 PM

21,853 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablanco5 View Post
I live in Mooresville and LOVE it! Although, as someone posted earlier, it may be a bit more than 20 minutes from Charlotte due to traffic. With that being said, I can navigate around the Charlotte area with ease if I time my trips appropriately. We are practically neighbors with Davidson which is fabulous BUT Davidson is part of Char-Meck school system which in my opinion is not desirable. We are part of MGSD and it is great. We have talked about moving in the future but always say we will have to stay within this district if and when we do move.
I was at the CMC main campus the other day for a doctor appointment. I was talking to one of the women who works in the office who had moved to Mooresville from Upstate NY. She asked me how far out I live from Charlotte, when she brought up my account. When I said 30 miles, she said "That's the same as me.". Then she asked how long it took me to get in, & I said in rush hour an hour to be parked & in the office, but less when it isn't rush hour. She looked at me & said "I wish." Then she said that the traffic on 77 is absolutely awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte