U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM

39 posts, read 72,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptodream247 View Post
Its funny b/c it seemed many people in these forums dont like Cary so I had taken the city of my list of places to check out.....now Im starting to get a better idea of the area from posts such as yours so I think I will keep it in consideration. Now if I could only find a job......
Don't let other people's negative posts push you away from a certain area (not just Cary, but any place in general). Cary is a great place, it isn't anything like what people on this forum make it out to be...yes it might be a sleepy(ish) suburb, but it has much more to do than most suburbs, i.e. concert venues, national and regional sports events, a fairly decent-sized shopping mall, great parks and walking trails, and so on. I don't know really what you're looking for, but if you're younger then Cary would probably be boring for you because it's more family-oriented. But anyways, this doesn't really have much to do with the original post so i'll stop now. I hope you're able to find a job somewhere you want to move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 PM

93 posts, read 169,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbornandraised View Post
Don't let other people's negative posts push you away from a certain area (not just Cary, but any place in general). Cary is a great place, it isn't anything like what people on this forum make it out to be...yes it might be a sleepy(ish) suburb, but it has much more to do than most suburbs, i.e. concert venues, national and regional sports events, a fairly decent-sized shopping mall, great parks and walking trails, and so on. I don't know really what you're looking for, but if you're younger then Cary would probably be boring for you because it's more family-oriented. But anyways, this doesn't really have much to do with the original post so i'll stop now. I hope you're able to find a job somewhere you want to move!
Youre right! I need to do my own research before I believe what everyone says....after all, someone's idea of paradise could be my idea of a nightmare!!! Im in my early 30s so Im in between that party phase and the settled down phase....LOL! Well after having luck finding so many jobs, now Im not finding as many anywhere I look, especially in NC. Im also looking at other states so may end up somewhere completely different. Only time and the job market will tell!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,589 times
I have lived in both places and if you are looking for city but a little more laid back then Cary/Chapel Hill would be where you would be looking for...now if you want the fast paced city life then come to Charlotte! In a recent survey Cary was one of the top places in America to live, its really uppity if you know what i mean!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or