U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:47 AM

15 posts, read 45,399 times

Advertisements

Although not a frequent mall visitor, I had reason to venture into the Concord Mills mall today. The treck from the parking lot to my desired store required me to walk by several of the kiosks in the center of the mall. Most all of them were like vultures and it was impossible to have a peaceful stroll through the mall, however the majority backed off after a polite 'no thank you I'm not interested' - all but one. The Dead Sea Minerals cosmetic kiosk. The woman about chased me down the aisle and when I slowed even a pace to see what she was ranting at me about she smeered cosmetics on me without my permission and thus began the terrible pushy over aggresive sales pitch to try and get me to purchase her cosmetics. I must have told her 20 times I have no money and I'm not interested but she wouldn't let me leave as she continued her display on my skin saying 'free sample free sample', she would actually step in front of me each time I tried to leave. I was stuck there for a good 40+ minutes. Maybe I'm not agressive enough myself but I was even rude to her but I have a feeling she was used to rudeness and it didn't bother her a bit. I'm not really a passive person and I usually am good at being agressive myself, but this was the pushiest salesperson I've ever met. I nearly had a panic attack.
After coming home and googling this company it seems they are notiorious for this behavior and the internet is full of people with the same experience with Dead Sea Cosmetic kiosks.
It should be possible to have a peaceful stroll through the mall without kiosk salespeople crossing the line to downright harrasment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM

545 posts, read 461,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grndma2ann View Post
Although not a frequent mall visitor, I had reason to venture into the Concord Mills mall today. The treck from the parking lot to my desired store required me to walk by several of the kiosks in the center of the mall. Most all of them were like vultures and it was impossible to have a peaceful stroll through the mall, however the majority backed off after a polite 'no thank you I'm not interested' - all but one. The Dead Sea Minerals cosmetic kiosk. The woman about chased me down the aisle and when I slowed even a pace to see what she was ranting at me about she smeered cosmetics on me without my permission and thus began the terrible pushy over aggresive sales pitch to try and get me to purchase her cosmetics. I must have told her 20 times I have no money and I'm not interested but she wouldn't let me leave as she continued her display on my skin saying 'free sample free sample', she would actually step in front of me each time I tried to leave. I was stuck there for a good 40+ minutes. Maybe I'm not agressive enough myself but I was even rude to her but I have a feeling she was used to rudeness and it didn't bother her a bit. I'm not really a passive person and I usually am good at being agressive myself, but this was the pushiest salesperson I've ever met. I nearly had a panic attack.
After coming home and googling this company it seems they are notiorious for this behavior and the internet is full of people with the same experience with Dead Sea Cosmetic kiosks.
It should be possible to have a peaceful stroll through the mall without kiosk salespeople crossing the line to downright harrasment.
I agree with you concerning the sales personnel at Dead Sea Minerals. They are a bit TOO agressive in their sales pitch.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,608,834 times
Contact mall management and let them know......

Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,286,925 times
One of the Dead Sea Minerals (SNL Sprockets) chicks came up to me during one of my more feistier moments. Anyone who's spent a decent amount of time with me knows that anything can come out of my mouth to anyone, especially during those times. This one came up out of nowhere while I was walking past her and immediately held my wrist to start making her little pitch.

"You keep holding my hand and I'll grab your a$$"

I have to believe she knew I was serious since she quickly backed away with an apology.

It's gotten to the point where they're basically game to me. I'll walk into them when they quickly walk right in front of me, or loudly tell them to **** when they've interrupted me for the second or third time. My wife will actually switch walking places with me so I can do what I do, moreso that she can avoid their pitches herself. I'm not making a scene, just enhancing the one they're creating.

I have no idea who tells these avant garde looking folks to be as forward and as blatantly disruptive as they are, or where they find the people who do this.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,286,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Contact mall management and let them know......
I'd bet that mall managers wherever these Sprockets people are have been contacted over and over.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 AM

21,981 posts, read 27,263,822 times
Quote:
Was mall security within sight? If I saw mall security, I would have flagged them over & told them to arrest her for assault. Obviously, they would have had to call in the local PD, but if people did that on a regular basis, I think the company would change their tune.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:56 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,345,517 times
Quote:

While no one should be subjected to that kind of behavior, a shopping mall is intended to be for...shopping. A peaceful stroll isn't exactly part of their design plan.

For someone in a mall to keep me against my will for 40 minutes, they'd have to be armed. There are no circumstances under which a kiosk operator would keep me for more than a minute, if I didn't want to be there. Now if they "assaulted" me, by physically putting their hands on me, then that opens a variety of options.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,596,356 times
Deep sea salt kiosks are agressive at all malls for example I dealt with them at South Park and at the time I had psoralis so the products interested me as ocean salt is good for relief.
It did help and thankfully I do not have it any more since my T cells where raised.

I don't mind kiosks people being aggressive isn't that what getting sales is about?
Often kiosks people are busy on their cell phones or playing on a computer

If you do pass a dead sea salt kiosk have them use that product that shines your finger nails then say ill stop by later but steer clear rest of your shopping

Old 06-25-2011, 11:36 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,501,685 times
Quote:
I overall dislike kiosks. They annoy me beyond no end and I wish malls would go back to the old days when they didnt exist. None the less, they are there and are a big revenue hit for malls.

Im the king of avoiding these people. I usually can spot them, and create a plan to not have them see me or come near me. I never have them ask me anything.

If I had them come up to me and do that, or someone I was with, they wouldnt like me very much. Now granted, I dont get how they kept you there for 40 minutes? If you were that offended by the person smearing cream on you, you should of been gone within seconds, or if you were chewing them out, minutes. I dont understand why you didnt go directly to mall management or security to report that.

Ive stopped going to Concord Mills as, there arent many stores im interested in, and it seems like a huge magnet for huge families to go and just "walk around".

Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 PM

488 posts, read 659,149 times
I keep the vultures away by telling them I have horrible skin allergies that can cause me to go into anaphylactic shock. That usually scares them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte